Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Rejoining

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by george2002, May 14, 2019.

1. george2002

george2002 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    i put my chit in december 2018 in week 14 of training, i was 16 at the time and I'm currently 17. I left training as i was struggling with the physical side especially yomping and anything with weight and was advised to come back in a few years to mature physically and mentally. I was thinking of going back early next year when I'm 18 but I'm not sure whether thats to soon or i should wait a bit longer? Any advice?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. LB98

LB98 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    If you are truly ready and more prepared, and have proven this to yourself, then who can tell you otherwise?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

You have provided the answer really - the advice was to wait until you mature physically and mentally - so in response

1. 1 year is not much difference if you are still growing , so if you are still growing training is harder for the body.

2. You are by the very fact / nature of your post unsure if you are ready.

You were only at week 14 , and the weight will only increase and distances get longer that those you have encountered already , but you can now get out onto the hills , with some weight in your pack and walk , push it a bit and see how cope...dont sit on your laurels asking yourself the question , test and prove the point.!. Create a measurable plan and see how you get on.

But when you believe you ready then apply , do not go in doubting yourself whatever you do.!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 3
  4. AngryArgie

AngryArgie New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Do you mind me asking your height and weight mate? Were there any other lads in your troop that were around your age?

Hope you smash rt next time mate, good luck

5. george2002

george2002 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    @AngryArgie I'm 5,11 i started training around 65-70 kg now I'm around 68 but i think i neglected leg training before i joined i didnt do any deadlifts, sprints or squats just long distance running and circuits and cheers mate and one lad who was 6 months older

6. AngryArgie

AngryArgie New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I see, I’ll definitely be integrating some deadlifts and squats then mate cheers for the heads up.
    Are you still doing phys to keep yourself prmc ready for when you restart your app again?

7. george2002

george2002 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    @AngryArgie yeh still doing phys just incorporating alot more weight exercises like deadlift and squat to strengthen my legs and back, i was fine with all the gym stuff but couldnt yomp to save my life

• Like Like x 1
  8. kirbymorgan17

kirbymorgan17 New Member

great advise from the post you are a young lad and the development of your body and growth is key take on board the advice the recruitment officer proffers before you indulge allow your structure to mature you will not loose the goal of becoming a commando the british army will assess and advise on your well being perhaps a sports/science course run by the army for the army one year to allow you to develop at the correct pace what to eat and how to exercise will produce the goods i fully understand the eagerness you have much to be commended and encouraged that is the spirit all the best for your future.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1