Rejoining

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Not for the lads in the irrigation ditch with him I’m sure! :D
They probably had a slightly different view of the incident yeah.. I didn't enjoy someone on the 25m NDing in the next lane down, probably wouldn't laugh at a UGL ND.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Sorry

I’ve turned this into another

upload_2019-11-26_21-57-56.jpeg

So.... where were we? Oh yeah- rejoining?

Corona

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
remember taking over from 3Rifles on Herrick 12, the dit about vallon roulette turned out to be true. Absolute shocking cowboys.
That doesn't sound good? Or is it good cowboys

Corona

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just read on a place called "arrse" what vallon roulette apparently is, and thats definitely shocking and very confusing. Apologies for the hail of questions

Reaction score
Ok much appreciate these reply’s and yeah my old troop mates who have passed are inspiring me to rejoin more than ever it’s such a hard decision but ultimately one that I probably won’t regret? Each day that goes by I’m getting closer to feeling like that ships sailing away so *text deleted* be quick enough to jump on

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
On a serious note, back when 1 Rifles was attached to 3 Cdo, that was a viable option to get a green lid whilst being infantry.
And not many succeeded. They wanted the kudos of being part of 3 Cdo Bde, but couldn't hack the effort of getting a CGB.

Alan

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
And not many succeeded. They wanted the kudos of being part of 3 Cdo Bde, but couldn't hack the effort of getting a CGB.

Alan
Wasn't trying to say it was an easy route or a common one, just a possibility.

JTech

Reaction score
Make sure your 100% mate as you’ll probably already know you’re signing up from day 1 this time. And don’t expect it to be any easier because you’ve got a little experience it’s a 24/7 hangout.
On the other side the new weekend policy is good for lads with families as we get thinned out last detail Friday/Saturday til Monday 0800

Reactions: JWJ

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
On the other side the new weekend policy is good for lads with families as we get thinned out last detail Friday/Saturday til Monday 0800
From week one? Just those with dependent kids? Just phase two? Only those in Hunter?

The name of the game is managing expectations and not raising false hopes or giving incomplete advice.

Corvo50

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Make sure your 100% mate as you’ll probably already know you’re signing up from day 1 this time. And don’t expect it to be any easier because you’ve got a little experience it’s a 24/7 hangout.

Didn’t realise CTC had turned into the Hilton hotel.

Chelonian

Reaction score
The name of the game is managing expectations and not raising false hopes or giving incomplete advice.
Agreed. The alleged 'policy change' rumour has been buzzing about here and in other places. I'll try to get some clarity on it next week from a credible source unless someone else does so before.

Policies can change on a whim so it would be most unwise for either Recruits or their Partners & Parents to depend on regular weekends off.