Remember.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Whilst the poppy wreath is the recognised traditional formal mark of remembrance, an opened bottle of Peroni signifies the true spirit of a fallen individual and those that remember them personally.

Both are entirely appropriate and equally respectful.

Reaction score
That 2nd image with the bottle and badge is particularly humbling and rather a sharp kick up the ass that I should stop complaining about pointless things in everyday life.

Rover

Reaction score
Like many I have had a family member serve in Afghanistan.

Like many I have listened to the news that “A British soldier has been killed in Afghanistan”. You know at that moment that some family is getting a knock on the door from a unit’s representative bearing the sad news.

It’s not your door. So your first feeling is one of relief, quickly followed by sorrow for that family who have lost a loved one.

When you see a name of one who has lost their life also remember those families who have lost a father, son or daughter. These are the unseen casualties of any conflict.

I have been lucky in hearing “HI dad” as the front door opens.

Being a parent even if you have served in a conflict is far different than being a serving person. For a parent with no military background the importance of a strong support system is incalculable.

Never forgetting those......... Absent Friends.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Johnny_Anonie A day to remember Jollies Bar 0
Rover Remember. Jollies Bar 10
News Remembrance Day: How Germans remember the World Wars Military News and Clips 2