Remembrance

Old Man

Ex-Matelot
Reaction score
Not Marine related this but for those who are interested, here's a movie I put together, showing some scenes from my Father's RN service towards the end of WW2.

YouTube - War Movie

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
An excellent montage & a salute in honour of your Father & his contemporaries at my local church Remembrance Service tomorrow.

He certainly 'black-cats' my medal count!

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Old Man, that's one proud papa you have there!

JDMSAM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hats off, Another Veteran to be proud of!

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent video. Well done on making it, much respect to the men who fought and gave their lives for the free world we know today!

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Rememberance

In regard to this post on rememberance, I watched the TV show last night and was absolutely delighted with the Royal Marines Band Service. At last they got the opportunity to show their modern skills, instead of the usual military stuff. I thought the guy who played the guitar was pretty cool. Fabulous stuff.

Cheers

Steve

Old Man

Ex-Matelot
Reaction score
Many Thanks Folks,

for your kind comments. I'd not intended to make such a personal contribution to the site. Rather my intention was to post photos that I thought may be of interest to a few of you at this time of remembrance.

All my photos however, are stored on another computer, to which I have no access at present. Hence the movie. My Father was only one of many millions who have served and the post was intended to honour all of them and also those who are yet to serve.

My way of saying that some of us do really appreciate what our servicemen and women do on our behalf.

And Ninja, 'black-cats'? Long time since I heard that expression. I'd forgotten I knew it. Amazing how hearing it again brought back so many memories.

Thanks

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Nice video, bet your proud of your dads achievements!

S

Sotiris

Salute and respect to your father, and indeed, all the men and women who have served and are serving their country.

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I wore my poppy for the past week with unspeakable pride. Those who give the ultimate sacriface for their country so that the current and future generations will always have freedom and liberty are the REAL HEROES of this world. And despite the current climate I'm still extremely proud to say I hail from the same shores as those men and women.

"Lest We Forget" I honestly don't think there has ever many more truer words spoken! Also put's absolutely everything into perspective.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've been wearing my poppy for the past few days at school, and lemme tell you, there aren't enough people in school wearing them. Some don't really care, or even don't know what its for, like its just some weird excuse for a non-uniform day...