Requirements for joining as an Officer.

wilson4130

Reaction score
Just hoping that someone maybe able to help me with an enquiry about joining as an officer.
I have been on the website and seen the qualifications required to join.

I just wanted to see, whether I have enough qualifications to even consider going down the officer route, although I doubt that I do.
I have very strong GCSEs, nothing lower than a C grade, adding up to something like 13 GCSEs in total.
I have done my AS levels (only did my 1st) at college in English, I.T., Law and Sociology.

As I say im pretty sure that is not enough but was intersted if anyone could shed some light on the matter.
Thanks.
Ben.

Windy_Chris

Reaction score
Alrite chap, i'm in the process of applying (done recruit tests, sift interview etc) i dont know exactly what everything is worth UCAS points wise, but my GCSE's sound pretty similar to yours, i've got 4 A's' levels (2 A's, 2E's), an NVQ level 2 and an HND (all modules at dist) the AFCO said they all counted towards the total but that i only just squeaked it! For some reason they dont count degrees (UCAS points have to be from A levels and vocationals quals apparently). i think i'm right in saying though that they just put up the required total from 140 to 180? could be wrong Ninja probably knows better. I had loads of problems digging out every possible scrap of paper to make up the numbers. hope that helps mate

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just hoping that someone maybe able to help me with an enquiry about joining as an officer.
I have been on the website and seen the qualifications required to join.

I just wanted to see, whether I have enough qualifications to even consider going down the officer route, although I doubt that I do.
I have very strong GCSEs, nothing lower than a C grade, adding up to something like 13 GCSEs in total.
I have done my AS levels (only did my 1st) at college in English, I.T., Law and Sociology.

As I say im pretty sure that is not enough but was intersted if anyone could shed some light on the matter.
Thanks.
Ben.
Hiya Ben, sorry missed your post. Your GCSE's must include maths & English & your AS Level UCAS points must be B or A grades to count towards an all-up total of at least 180 points. Hope that helps.

wilson4130

Reaction score
Thanks-for your help, that answers my question perfectly.
Appreciate the help in clearing that up, cheers.