Reserve Forces Commando Course

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by posh_punter, Oct 26, 2018.

1. posh_punter

posh_punter Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    We're off on our two week RFCC next weekend, for a fun-filled fortnight of CTC antics, culminating in the commando tests and finally getting that elusive piece of green headwear.

I'm alternating between being up for it and sheer terror. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice? Tips for the commando tests would be much appreciated.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando

Hold your breath in the water tunnel.

Alan

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. corvus

corvus Member

If you've got this far you can do everything else that's needed. Bar injury your training team believe you have what's needed to succeed. Dig out on both final ex and the tests.

4. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Do not underestimate the 30miler. I think it works out as 16mins per mile which in my eyes was a bit of a bimble, however a very long bimble. You will be jogging, shuffling, speed marching most of the way. I thought it would be generally walking with the odd few mins of running here and there on the downhills to stay ahead of the time... You will be shocked around half a mile into it ;-)

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. posh_punter

posh_punter Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    So that's where I've been going wrong...

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1