Residency Waiver Wait - Redo PJFT?

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by telemark, Sep 5, 2016.

1. telemark

telemark Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Today marks six months and two days since I submitted my security clearance & residency waiver information (dual UK/USA national). My waiver is still "in progress" according to the MOD NSV site. My PJFT was on March 20. I passed PRMC May 6.

I just spoke with my AFCO who said that my PJFT is about to expire and that I'll need to redo it. Is this the case? Does my PRMC pass not supersede the PJFT?

I can redo the PJFT, I'm just disheartened to hear this because I had hoped I'd never have to step onto a treadmill again. The other slight issue is that I'm still residing in the USA and had hoped to just come back to the UK for the start of RT.

P.S. - My AFCO also said that if my residency waiver takes several more months that I may need to redo PRMC?

2. C30

C30 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Whether you have to do it again or not, you've done it once so you can do it again. I understand it will be a ball ache for you though -banghead-

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Yep, regardless of circumstances the PJFT and PRMC must be 'valid' on the day of entering into Recruit Training.

Reason? We've unfortunately had people pass PRMC, stop training, join the British Legion, don a flat cap, buy a whippet, eat pies, drink beer, tell everyone they're 'in the Royal Marines' and make out they're a fat, washed-out Falklands Vet (like me). All within six months.

4. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

Just out of curiosity how much time is there usually between passing PRMC and an RT start date?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

'bout 4 to 6 weeks normally.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  6. telemark

telemark Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Fair enough, thanks Ninja. And just to confirm, PRMC is good for 1 year, so as long as I start RT before ~May 6 2017, I won't need to redo it?

7. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

Yes it lasts for 1 year. Your residency waiver will be put to the top of the pile once you get RT date. As long as there is nothing in your history e.g money issues, drugs or criminal convictions. This would mean a one to one interview with DBS and would not show on the system and can add 4-6 months to SC wait time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. telemark

telemark Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    No history issues whatsoever. It seems that as an overseas applicant, I have to wait for my SC/waiver to clear before I can get an RT date?