Resistance Bands

Imperator13

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondered if anybody trained with resistance bands at all? Just been given a load and was wondering if they are worth implementing into my routine.

Also, if anyone knows of any tutorial videos or anything would be appreciated haha!

Cheers!

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, use them when I'm somewhere with no access to a gym. They've got the benefit of being small and weighing nothing. Get yourself on Google for some resistance band exercises you can incorporate into your training.

SWCL14

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondered if anybody trained with resistance bands at all? Just been given a load and was wondering if they are worth implementing into my routine.

Also, if anyone knows of any tutorial videos or anything would be appreciated haha!

Cheers!
Yeah, I've got a lot.

I use the small ones for rear delt exercise, medium ones for high rep face pulls and heavy ones for band good mornings.

Occasionally I'll tie some to a pull up bar and do some tricep work.

Also, found they worked the best for getting used to pull ups.

Imperator13

Reaction score
Cheers lads! Will get on the links and google and try work them into my routine, something better than my terrible Dumbbells haha!

DBenn01

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely use them.

I don't have the best quality but they are a major benefit when, as stated above, there is no gym access. And just in general. They are great for assisted exercises.

You can use them to add tension for press ups and squats etc.

Drape them over your pull up bar or any horizontal bar taller than you and you can use them for things like lat pull downs, tricep extensions etc. The great thing is they don't add weight, but resistance to your muscles own strength, and in the beginning you won't feel them, but I generally do tricep extensions to failure and eventually during the workout you will feel the effects.

They are pretty handy.

Have a look at Thenx on YouTube, he has some good videos.

DBenn01

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If you do any bit of boxing and martial arts, they are also a great asset to make your punches stronger.

Have an end in each hand, drape it behind your shoulders, and just shadow punch. Grip it higher for more resistance. Same principle to when you are doing resisted press ups. Great thing is your "punching muscles" are developed.

New Threads