Rest days

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still needing a proper rest day after a good work-out, I was wondering how everyone else finds this?

I've been training quite hard for the last six weeks, gradually getting more intense, and I'm definitely getting enough protein/fruit/veg/grains.

What I want to know is do the people who have been training for longer have to rest any less? I really want to be increasing the exercise I do and I guess I'm just getting frustrated and want to progress too fast, but any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Roddie

Reaction score
Monday - Light 1 hour gym sesh.
Tuesday - Light Run. Not jog.
Wednesday - Intense gym sesh.
Thursday - Intense Run.
Friday - Light Gym sesh.
Sat - Rest.
Sunday - Light Run.

On top of this, 50 hours a week at an abattior, does help build calf and bicep/pec/tricep, 100 pushups and sits a day.

Pretty hectic. But if you want it, you want it.

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That's great, but you didn't answer my question.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hello mackie i ddi used to find this but i started drinking a recovery supplement called viper and i dont tend to ache etc as much any more. and i just make my routine as as i go, if i feel like i need a rest i just take a day off you dont want to over do it.. and since ive stepped my training up ive started taking 2 days rest and going to bed at around ten ish . so your on the right track i would say mate if your training sessions are as tough as your saying anyways mate gd luck

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well mate to be honest it depends on the person really, as in age, how fit they are, how hard someone pushs when they work out & how quick their body's recovery rate is ... but generally everyone's body requires the same amount of rest!
I train roughly 6days a week and have one day off and that generally does me, though i vary the intensity of my workouts throughout ... but its a good idea to have 2 consecutive days off every other 2wks or so!

Hope that helps

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Mackie mate

I personally have about 1-2 rest days a week. At the moment i'm only practicing the determination test and the 3 miler, also during the day i'm doing atleast 200 pressups, but its evened out during the day. I would do situps everynow and then.

When i have my days off, i do feel as if i want to go out and still train, but we all need rest. Once i go back, i feel fitter than i did before.