Rest Periods

stayth

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering for the prmc, how often should i train for my pressups, situps and pullups ? at the moment im doing them every other day... is that the best routine or are there alternative methods ?

thanks

Stayth

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
There are millions of alternative training programs/ routines etc

Are you getting good results from the training you are doing at the moment? I.e. are you seeing improvements in your press-ups/ sit-ups scores?

If it is working and you are seeing good progress, then there is not neccessarily any need to change things around. Make sure you aren't just banging out the same number of reps week in week out, you want to be progressing.

You may want to mix it up if you are getting bored, or so that your muscles don't get "used" to set routines. Then there are loads of variations you can do if you use your imagination or have a look through some of the posts on here.

atb

S

Sotiris

In my opinion, press/sit/pull ups are never really strenuous or challenging for your body so there's no reason why you shouldn't do them everyday.

Then again, to each their own.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I do them every day in the mornings straight after my runs

stayth

Reaction score
Right, thanks and yeah i can see progress in my pressups and situps and pullups actually, couple of weeks ago was scoring 42 press 45 sits 5 pulls, now im doin 48 press 55 sits and 7-8 pulls.

thanks