Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Results of PRMC

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Duality, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Trooper149

Trooper149 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    Right, from what I've heard, I thought they only did Hare and Hounds on the POC? When I was on PRMC, we did EC and then were bussed back to CTC. No Hare and Hounds. PRMC was 2 months ago.

2. SCOTTY6

SCOTTY6 Royal Marines Commando

It changes. I did it on mine. But from what I’ve heard it’s been taken off. I’m sure someone with more inside info will be along. Doesn’t matter too much it’s just a run, dig out blind

3. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Elements of the EC change all the time. We have always advised guys when training for PRMC to have a long run in their programme of up to 8 miles.

The EC all the way round is around 2 miles or so, followed by a four mile run back to CTC. In order to cover that on your PRMC, as well as the additional phys that you get going around and the bottom field workout in the morning, would be enough in the tank to cover it all.

However, the H & H was dropped, along with the run back some time ago. But, unlike the gym tests, the content of the second day is at the discretion of the DS and it appears that H & H are back in. Whether it was one off, or the DS were pissed off with the performance being displayed this week, I haven't a clue. One thing for sure is that if I had a PRMC coming up, I'd be putting those extra miles in!

Hopefully one of the lads on this weeks PRMC will post a diary, as I'm still not sure if they did the run back to camp after the H & H.

Alan

• Like Like x 2
  4. Duality

Duality Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    I'll ask him to write on when he gets back. These diaries are massively helpful to people coming through and to the relatives of those going through it.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Duality

App Stage:
    Parent
    He's in! No start date yet due to coronavirus but he's now a nod!

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 4
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  6. Mumma23

Mumma23 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    That's excellent - delighted for you and him! And welcome on board the roller coaster of Recruit Training :D

• Like Like x 4
  7. SCOTTY6

SCOTTY6 Royal Marines Commando

Congrats! Don’t let him take his foot off the gas! Give him a couple of days to celebrate then back on the training!

• Like Like x 6
  8. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Congratulations! Now all he needs to do is prepare himself for CTC, by starting to learn how to hand wash, (dhoby), his clothes and then how to iron. If you/him have time then learn the basics of map reading.

Alan

• Like Like x 6
  9. Duality

App Stage:
    Parent
    His dad was a scout leader so the maps will be getting dug out this weekend. I look forward to getting him hand washing and ironing his stuff.

I'm off to buy him an iron.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Claddagh

Claddagh Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Congratulations!! Now the real work starts!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MVP29

MVP29 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    Congratulations @DeesMum - he worked hard for it. It’s great you already found the forum early on and know the support that’s on here from the amazing P&P’s. They will keep you going through the multitude of emotions this journey is about to take you on. Hang on tight! Xx

• Like Like x 1
  12. physiomum

physiomum Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    Well done to your nod @DeesMum!
    Very exciting ! X

• Like Like x 2
  13. Duality

App Stage:
    Parent
    I just noticed, the bit at the bottom of my post says Proud Mum to an RM Nod! That's lovely.:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. sharpe

sharpe Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    Fantastic news @DeesMum he's going to have a few months of extra preparation time before RT but that’s no bad thing. Really wish him all the best, so much of it isn’t necessarily about fitness but just a steadfast state of mind to keep pushing forward and never give up. Keep us posted. Ps I wish there was a thumbs up emoji @Chelonian :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Duality

App Stage:
    Parent
    He's decided that part of his training is to train me for the commando challenge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  16. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

There is one. :confused:

Screenshot 2020-03-21 at 07.12.03.png