Return to the Falklands- tonight ITV1 21:00

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Veteran Simon Weston, war correspondent Mike Nicholson and Ex-Marine Nick Taylor travel back to the islands 30 years after the Falklands War to see what has changed.

It should be a worthwhile watch listening to the personal accounts of their time during the Falklands Conflict.

ross90rmc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate the sacrifice he made and the extent of the injuries received, but the way that welsh guard goes on you'd think he was the only one who served in the Falklands. Sick of seeing him.

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate the sacrifice he made and the extent of the injuries received, but the way that welsh guard goes on you'd think he was the only one who served in the Falklands. Sick of seeing him.
Unfortunately it's true. He says how the 3 guys Infront I him took the blast, he did seem grateful to be here.

The ex marine giving the photos back to the Argentinian was nice, then when they drank the whiskey he nearly finished it in one where as Argie had only sipped it ahah

ross90rmc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah he's grateful at least.

Haha! Yeah I know, good job it wasnt port, the Argie might have got a sniff of it but nothing else, the marine would have guzzled the lot.

I like the fact that it seemed a friendship was made, years on its not a "them and us" wartime (almost a hatred) between two people. Much like the first world war story about the Christmas day football game. The other side are people too, just like us losing friends.