RFCC Advice.

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Samtaylor, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Samtaylor

Samtaylor New Member

RMR Merseyside's 115 troop (as well as other units) are about to partake in January's RFCC, I was wondering if there was any advice you could give us reguarding:

1)Final ex
    -Anything to expect
    -Things you wish you did in hindsight (ie how you had your kit, things you wish you took)

2)The tests
    -phys you did prior
    -keeping your body fueled throughout

Many thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Hopefully some of our regular trained ranks can give some feedback on the aspects that are common to regulars and reserves alike.

3. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Honestly mate I'd just listen to your training team. The Reserves have different assets available for their final ex's, so each year, and even each unit vary change quite a bit. Mersey have a really good TT and won't see you off.

If you've got this far then you will be fine, they won't ask you to do anything that you won't have already done. Probably won't get any sleep from Friday until the bus back on Sunday afternoon but that's about it.

4. Billyboy114

Billyboy114 New Member

I did mine a few years ago, but I doubt they change that much. Sounds a bit silly but don't even think about the 4 commando tests now as you have a hell of a first week before you even get the privilege to take on the commando tests.

All effort needs to go into the field ex, if your going to fail the course and go home early it will be at this stage, the commando tests are hard but you've been training a long time so doubt you would fall down there.

To pass the field ex a few tips:
    - make sure someone is always on sentry, when your in a harbour its easy for everyone to crack their own admin, if no one is doing it go yourself and do it, take charge, training team are always watching (even when you see them walking off into the distance!)
    - 50/50 on cleaning rifles
    - you will be tired, wet, cold for the entire time your in the field (prepare your mind!)
    - spare socks and talc
    - on the patrol ex be switched on at all times, I think we were patrolling for about 2 hours before we finally got attacked
    - we covered over a 100km yomping on ours so again just get your head in the right place. When yomping with bergan maintain patrolling stance (i.e. two hands on rifle, sling unclipped, safety catch on)
    - Stay positive, just because you get picked up for something doesn't mean you've failed

Some of the above may sound simple but these are just a few things people slipped up on and failed for, as after a few days in the field some people start to get lazy as they get tired

Good luck

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1