Right...

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This is my story, so sorry if i bored you, in the summer of july i got a gf and i explained to her that i wanted to go into the marines etc, and she was like "yeah go for it il support you all the way" and it was myself what was holding back thinking, i dont want to die and leave her upset, so few weeks on me and my gf broke up, after she said it was getting too serious as shes only in year 11 and ive just left school, so im now single and ive thought about re joining the marines, so my question is, whats new? is there any new rules in the recruitment process etc? sorry if i bored you

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........ ah! oh errr no.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........ ah! oh errr no.

damn you beat me to it! i was going to write that!

Nothings changed mate, but you might not have heard that the PJFT is now a 3 miler

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not really just changes to PJFT etc, but nothing big. Been there with the gf thing mate and to be honest, you'd be better off find someone whilst you're a marine, because atleast they'll accept you for it(they'd have to) and year 11? Your still young plenty more birds to come your way...

Good luck (soz about the lecture!)

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
damn you beat me to it! i was going to write that!

Nothings changed mate, but you might not have heard that the PJFT is now a 3 miler

ha ha! ya snooz ya looz mofo!

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
PJFT 3 miler? whys that, i suppose it dont waste time on PRMC then.

S

Sotiris

No, you still do it on PRMC. It just filters out some crap beforehand. Saves the tax payer a bit.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thats what i meant mate ha

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My advice...although i'm pretty sure you won't follow it...

Go to college or something for a couple of years...this give you time to think what you want, opens more options, gives you chance to live a little after 11 years of pain at school!

After college, you'll know if you want it enough or not...if you don't, you'll have qualifications and can get somewhere still.

Don't let girls/ family make your mind up for you...you make your own decisions.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
My advice...although i'm pretty sure you won't follow it...

Go to college or something for a couple of years...this give you time to think what you want, opens more options, gives you chance to live a little after 11 years of pain at school!

After college, you'll know if you want it enough or not...if you don't, you'll have qualifications and can get somewhere still.

Don't let girls/ family make your mind up for you...you make your own decisions.

completely agree, 3 years at college sorted me out, helped me think of my options, i matured, learnt a lot of skills and found a bit more about myself and what i am capable of. If i had joined up 3 years ago, i would'nt have laste 6 weeks. Now i know i am mentally ready. :cool:

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bin college, hated it, would rather be at school or working, im pretty sure i want to join the marines as i had my heart there before, just need to get back upto standards

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
'pretty sure' isn't good enough mate!

you've got to really want it buddy :D