RM Aquaint day

leecowell

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to the forum, first thread right here.

So far i have passed the interview and medical and have my PJFT sometime in the next 4 weeks once i book it. I was Offered to go to an aqauint day next week however i can't get the time off work. does anyone know if me not being able to attent will go against me?

I know it is not part of the formal application process but was just wondering if it would be mentioned down at the PRMC if and when i get there.

Cheers in advance

lee

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya mate ... welcome aboard ! :D

No mate it wont go against you at all .... but if you have the oppourtunity to attend one i'd give work a by ball on that day and go to the RMAD as it will give you a very good indication what prmc will be like and also give you a good idea how you stand fitness wise! But in short not it wouldnt be held against you at all ! :D

leecowell

Reaction score
Cheers for that mate.

I would really like to get to it if i can. I have been taking alot of unpaid leave from work and they are dragginf their heels in over this one. At least i know it won't count against me if i can't make it.

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Will just repeat what Shiloh said. I went on an acquint day and it was a great way of finding out how my fitness is and if I'm getting to a stage where I'll be ready for PRMC. They will also give you an indication of how long they think it will take before you're ready for PRMC which means you can be more confident when that time comes.

Also, because I passed my acquaint day I didn't have to do a PJFT. This will probably be at your AFCO's discretion but it might save you from another day off work.

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mackie said:
I went on an acquint day and it was a great way of finding out how my fitness is and if I'm getting to a stage where I'll be ready for PRMC. They will also give you an indication of how long they think it will take before you're ready for PRMC which means you can be more confident when that time comes.
Awesome, i think i'd like to do this then :D

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Because you are from Sunderland Im presming youll be going to RMR Tyne tomorrow? Im on that one too. So I'll see you over there. I'll post how I get on tomorrow. If I pass this my AFCO have promised me theyll get me on PRMC on the 29th of this month so fingers crossed.
Not only will it give me a chance to see what it will be like on PRMC but I'll also get to see my scores and times at there very best as I'll be maxing out.

Also could anyone whos previously attended a RMAD tell me what the dress code is. It doesnt mention it on the letter so I'll probably just go in sports clothes.

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja_Stoker said:
Lee, have you had a "Butchers' Hook" (Booty rhyming slang: "Look") here?
Ha ha just reading my post on that topic!! seems like such a long time ago that, and maybes i was a bit harsh on RMR Tyne, afterall i have now got to RT so it will probably of helped!.

Also could anyone whos previously attended a RMAD tell me what the dress code is. It doesnt mention it on the letter so I'll probably just go in sports clothes.
Rob Appearance's last and don't cost anything go SMART! mate.

robj

Reaction score
Rob said:
For the one I did in November were told to turn up already in sports kit or ready to change into sports kit.