Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RM Bite Size - How to join

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 30, 2010.

1. BeretChaser

BeretChaser New Member

Ninja - Your probally the best one to answer this. I'm only just starting my application how long should i expect before i could be starting day 1 of my 32 weeks training?

2. Oggy96

Oggy96 New Member

Great post, Ninja

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

All links updated on post one to reflect changes from last year.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Here's a list of links to get you started-off in the right direction, in the right order:

REVISED & UPDATED:

General selection advice: no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=21643[/URL]

Recruiting Test
    : no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=3149[/URL]

Medical Examination
    : no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=1072[/URL]

Pre Joining Fitness Test (PJFT): no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=38564&highlight=revised+pjft[/URL]

Selection Interview: no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=11566[/URL]

Security clearance
    :
    no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=39135&page=6[/URL]

Potential Royal Marines Course
    (PRMC) itself: no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=42276[/URL]

How Long: no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=6246[/URL]

Royal Marines Acquaint Days: no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=11762[/URL]

5. brandonis

brandonis New Member

South African school requirments

Hello,

I would like to find out what are the schooling requirements, I am from South Africa, I did not finish school uo to Grade 12 I left in grade 10 and the started N1 (national trade level 1) in electrical,

Would this be sufficient education?

6. brandonis

brandonis New Member

South African school requirments

Hello,

I would like to find out what are the schooling requirements, I am from South Africa, I did not finish school up to Grade 12 I left in grade 10 and the started N1 (national trade level 1) in electrical, now currently doing N2, wich is grade 11 equivalent to our schooling system

Would this be sufficient education?

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Assuming you are a South African National, not entitled to a British Passport, then as long as you pass the Recruiting Test, academic qualifications are not an issue if joining as an Other Rank.

To join as an Officer you need to hold a British passport & hold the equivalent UK qualifications.

8. IshmailSall

IshmailSall Guest

Hi my name is Ishmail Sall, I'm a sierra leonean by nationality, i really love to join the royal marines. i really want u people to send me the application form, i've send u people the document u needed from me to the career office london since october 2011. Please help me with the form, i'm still waiting on you people. Have a nice day.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome Ishmail,

Best option is to email the overseas desk to confirm eligibility & advise your travel details if able to apply : [email protected]

Best of luck.

10. neil-potgieter

neil-potgieter New Member

ninja

i am from south africa i'm 18 and have gratued from high school....i want to join the RMC. Where can i start to do so? Can you plz advise me to the correct forms so i can start to make plans....would like to hear from you soon....you can also email all the details to me if that would be possible. [email protected]

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome

Either call Overseas Enquiries 00 44 1604 640015 or email (details below)

Useful info for South Africans here: no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=2728[/url]

Best of luck

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome,

In order to confirm eligibility & request an application pack,
    Either call: no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=19619[/url]

or email: [email protected]

13. Elite_jay

Elite_jay New Member

Hey I'm 9 st 8 and have been for a very long time! I am training and do a lot of manual labour for work! But I still cant seem to put any weight on despite eating loads of carbs, bread, rice, patatos and cheese, etc etc. do you have any idea how I can increase my weight? I also take a mass shake everyday to? Thanks

14. Merchy

Merchy New Member

Howdy,

There is a sticky on the Training and diet section for this topic.
    Click here for the thread.

Hope this helps. Bon app?tit.

15. louisgergaud

louisgergaud New Member

If I was to join as a Marine Officer, however I didn't have what it took-would I then be re posted to become a Marine?

16. OneMoreWrap

OneMoreWrap Member

There's only one intake for officers a year (September) so if you wanted 13 batch you could try and if you didn't make it you will have to ask to switch over your application and undertake the PRMC for regulars.

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Historically, those who fail RM Officer training, are either recommended further service as an Other Rank recruit or not recommended further service within the Royal Marines.

During initial selection it's entirely accepted to switch, but depending on circumstances, it's pretty rare for a failed former officer recruit to be accepted as an other rank recruit after starting training unless a good few years have elapsed.

18. Lee_Brown

Lee_Brown New Member

Okay so I want to join the Royal Marines.

Hello. I have finally decided that joining the Royal Marines is for me. I already have a good friend in week 22 RT and another part way through his application, I did Tough Mudder back in May and qualified for worlds toughest so I'm already quite fit (maybe not by RM standards but on civvi street) I have also been training with my friend doing his application for over a month and a half although I'm making great progress (3-Mile return at 9:40, 85 sit ups in 2 mins, 15 pull ups, 60 press ups) I have also been practicing psychometric tests however I still haven't managed to get in serious contact or even aware of the best way to go about it! I was told many careers offices are closed over Christmas so when is it best to call up or go in? I really just want to get the ball rolling and get on my way to becoming a member of the prestigious Royal Marines. Any advice welcome!

19. OneMoreWrap

OneMoreWrap Member

Most AFCOs close today until 7th January.

Find your local AFCO and make contact ASAP you may be lucky enough to get yourself set.

20. Lee_Brown

Lee_Brown New Member

Forgive me for sounding naive but does it have to be a RN AFCO or do all AFCO offer access to the RM?