Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RM Bite Size - How to join

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 30, 2010.

1. Courage93

Courage93 New Member

AFCO is as the name suggests Armed Forces, so all services are accessible from a regular AFCO, unless there are individual exceptions.

I have my selection interview booked on the 9th of January but still have my eye test form and medical information questionnaire to send in which obviously won't get processed until at least the 7th of January anyway, my PJFT therefore hasn't been conducted either. I was wondering if this would cause problems having my interview prior to the other steps.

Help ? :unsure:

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Some AFCOs conduct the selection interview before the medical and PJFT.

The only thing to bear in mind is that whilst you may pass the interview, the physiological and physical aspects of selection are statistically more demanding than the psychometric and psychological elements of selection. In other words an interview pass doesn't mean you're home and dry as the interview is less objective than the medical, PJFT and PRMC so therefore has a lower fail rate if taken after the test but before the medical & PJFT.

In plain English, you can claim anything at interview, but you still have to prove yourself so beware making claims that could later question your integrity.

3. Courage93

Courage93 New Member

Brilliant, thank you very much Ninja.

Given what you have just said does that mean if i pass my interview i will then be given a PJFT date on the day? Or will this come after medical?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The medical will be the next element of selection followed by PJFT and PRMC.

Security Clearance is usually after the interview and needs to be underway, ideally before PRMC so that an entry date can be allocated after a PRMC pass.

5. iFarqs

iFarqs New Member

The 03456 00 14 44, will that line re-open 7th Jan, I've read somewhere on here thats when the offices re-open but wasn't sure if the number opened earlier or not. I want to get my application started as soon as possible!

6. Born2be

Born2be New Member

General chit chit chat

Hello everyone

Passed prmc :)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted on the site, the good ideas, the bad ideas and the funny ones. All extremely useful!

Special thanks to Ninja, couldn't have done it with your advice...

Anyone who's new to the site, ninjas a careers adviser and knows his s##t so listen up

Currently waiting to start training but Afro don't go back to work till the 7th, anyone know if its possible to start in January or is that too late? Haven't had my briefing yet.

Thanks again everyone!!

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Good effort & well done on passing PRMC.

The credit is entirely down to those who follow the advice & prepare adequately, but thanks for the accollade : )

There's a possibility you could get a January entry date if you're quick off the blocks and contact your AFCO early. I've no doubt there will be a fair few cancellations occurring over the Chrimbo break, so it's worth asking.

It maybe worth emailing your AFCO ahead of them opening - email addresses on the RN Website under the 'Careers' tab, then 'Careers Offices'. (I'm on a mobile so can't post the link at the moment).

8. charlie1000

charlie1000 New Member

hello, I'm 16 in my last year at secondary school, I'm just about to take my GCSEs and il be leaving in the summer, do i need to go to my local navy careers office to sort out the process or is there online applicant forms etc..??

9. Courage93

Courage93 New Member

I'm not sure if any of the initial entry forms are available online but i doubt it. You will have to visit the AFCO to take your Presentation and Psychometric test which is pretty much the first step anyway. Almost every step of the process you need to go there so i would definitely advise going over to your nearest office regardless of the forms being available online or not. Show your face and get to know the place, show you'r keen and all that.

Is there a problem with you getting to one?

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It's up to you - I'd advise you complete as much of selection as possible before you go, so that it gives you time to address any issues that re-taking & you return fully fit, raring to join in short order.

If over age 18 & travelling overseas for periods in excess of 6 months it worth bearing in mind you will need to list all addresses and dates to gain a residency waiver for security clearance.

Be aware also that some countries do not have a reciprocal security agreement and can prolong the clearance process.