RM Career Guide

Sprint0205

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've never heard of the DHU, I gather it is SF due to it being next to SFC and SBS. Sound like what the SRR does though right? Anyway, a really informative guide, especially in regards to the new SQs, thank you for sharing!

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Not even close I'm afraid. DHU are Humint or Human intelligence. They run covert human intelligence sources (CHIS) to provide actionable intelligence for use by the sabre squadrons (shaky boats / Hereford hooligans)

They are not SF, however they provide a very niche capability for them. It attracts some extra pay, although staying permanent cadre is not a given due to immense interest in the job.

Sprint0205

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not even close I'm afraid. DHU are Humint or Human intelligence. They run covert human intelligence sources (CHIS) to provide actionable intelligence for use by the sabre squadrons (shaky boats / Hereford hooligans)

They are not SF, however they provide a very niche capability for them. It attracts some extra pay, although staying permanent cadre is not a given due to immense interest in the job.
Thanks for the info, sounds like a cool place to be. Is it where guys with a combat intelligence SQ go to usually?

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
No it is not related to SQ at all - it has guys from all 3 services, all volunteers from any branch - to fill a role of jobs , Couriers , Handlers , Interigators , Drivers , covert intellignce to name a few.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, sounds like a cool place to be. Is it where guys with a combat intelligence SQ go to usually?

Its open to anyone who applies. Although not SF there is a tough process to pass to work within the unit. You'll hear more about it once you've passed out. The unit host briefing days each month to give lads the gen.

But you wont find anything about them online to be honest. For obvious reasons.

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a viable option to remove the post and upload it without the contact numbers? I would like to think nobody on here would be daft enough to give them a call but I could be wrong.

Apologies - stupidly* it didn't cross my mind about the contact numbers!

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Right lads, gen nobody contact any of the numbers/emails on that document. I promise you you'll be doing yourself more harm than good -banghead-. If there are specs you want to know about ask on here. Spec Advisors are not there for you. Its for trained ranks. They will not care one bit about how being an ML is your life long dream. Just dont do it lads.

We will all laugh at you, but seriously just don't.

Reaction score
If an Admin could replace my original PDF with the one attached here.

All contact info redacted

CannyWait

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just to note, the "redacted" elements arnt redacted, you can still highlight them, copy and paste and it will show the numbers...

MJCH

Reaction score
Just to note, the "redacted" elements arnt redacted, you can still highlight them, copy and paste and it will show the numbers...
You can also drag the black boxes off to reveal what's underneath ;)
@Chelonian here's a tamper-proof one. Quality isn't great but it's the best I can do. Might be a bit too blurry for some, but if ctrl + does the trick then feel free to update it.

I do have a high quality one if you're able to get round the limits on file size.

Attachments

• RM Career Guide Redacted.pdf
    9 MB · Views: 72

Chelonian

Reaction score
You can also drag the black boxes off to reveal what's underneath ;)
Good spot. Illustration for example below. I've deleted the almost redacted PDF in earlier posts.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 16.05.46.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Career Guide Publication RM Officer questions 2
Ross154 Career Guide publication codes? POC Section 2
D Officer Career Discussion POC Section 11