RM Minimmum Age

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ite mate not sure why it say's that it used to be 15yrs an 9 monthe that u could start *text deleted* application try sending a pm to ninja stoker he should be able to give u a better answer

T

tricky123

thats what i always thought mate...
cheers anyway :shakehands:

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well im just 16 and I've got my prmc soon and I applied when I was 15 and 9 months

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Officer joining age is 17...

Normal recruit joining age is 16...but they can apply 15years and 9 months.

Sounds like you need to read more about the Royal Marines on their website mate :)

T

tricky123

exactly mate.

were all on here for the same reason - and i was certain the joining age was 16 so thats why i posted this topic.

less of the smart arse, eh? because as pendo said, if you had bothered checking out the like you would find it was on the RM site, if it was anywhere else i wouldnt have took it serious,

trickyyyyy

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you may start the selection process for RM Other Rank from age 15 years 9 months.

Potential RM Officers may apply for a scholarship from 15 years 9 months, but cannot join before they have had their 17th birtrhday.

In all cases parental consent is required if you join below 18 and you cannot be operationally deployed until 18.

It's a miss-print on the official website & will be corrected in due course- Well spotted!

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
officers can only start at 17 mate im 16 and im hopefully going in rt in late october *text deleted* ive got me interview september sometime

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
officers can only start at 17 mate im 16 and im hopefully going in rt in late october *text deleted* ive got me interview september sometime

Officers only have one intake per year at the begining of September & to achieve this a candidate must have submitted his application forms before 31 December the year prior to joining.

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Huh...wdf when I checked that literally the other day it said 16 i swear *text deleted*. Thats why I left that comment.

And there was no smart arse comment at all fella. I just think you do need to get your knowledge up on the application process as thats a standard thing that everybody on the forum should know...regardless of what it says on the website? So less of the little comments that are left to wind me up when i'm just trying to help.

Gazza_7

Reaction score
I notice they haven't updated the website with those changes regarding PJFT yet either *text deleted* :cheesy: