RM Officer RT pass mark

Discussion in 'RM Officer questions' started by spartan rm, Oct 31, 2016.

1. spartan rm

spartan rm New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Does anyone know the pass mark for RM officers in the recruit tests? Is there different pass marks for the different sections?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Yes.

It's not officially in the public domain. Suffice to say you need to be targeting about 75% or better in each section.

Bizarrely, unlike Other Ranks, there is no pass fail score in the mechanical comprehension (RT4)section for Officers. The irony being RT4 is directly linked to weapons handling proficiency and map reading skills, which could give rise to certain assumptions :)

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. spartan rm

spartan rm New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks for that, I've got my tests in a couple of day and have been using the richard McMunn armed forces test book do you know if the tests are harder or the same as in the example booklet? And does that mean that if I fail mechanical comprehension I could still pass overall.

4. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

http://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/royal-navy-recruiting-test-example-psychometric-tests.3149/
    ;)
    Ninja beat me to it haha

5. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    ... @ThreadpigeonsAlpha enjoys the fence on subjects like this

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Much as I'm not a fan of Mr McMunn because he sells stuff that's freely available, I have to concede his psychometric test is pretty good.

7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

Most dangerous thing on the Battlefield?

An officer with a map.

• Like Like x 2
  8. spartan rm

spartan rm New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I had my tests today and am glad to announce I passed:D I wasn't told the exact scores but I scored highly in all, most points were dropped in mechanical comprehension but was told it was a good pass overall

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree. Disagree. x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, ironically, when I sat the recruit test as I started out as a careers adviser, my lowest score was in mechanical comprehension which as rather heartening to hear - I'd been a marine engineering mechanic for over 22 years. Fortunately, I think I got away with it.

10. Orwin1995

Orwin1995 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    So is 75% not necessarily needed? When I did one in 2014 I had to get 75% in each section, at least according to my AFCO and he wouldn't take my officer application further because I scored under with the maths and had to switch to a commando application. Have things changed?