RM (Official) Joining Kit List

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

A set of smart civilian dress (shoes, trousers, collared shirt and tie). This should be worn when joining CTCRM. 1 set

Casual civilian dress. (Smart jeans, T-shirts and clean training shoes are allowed). At least 2 sets

Swimming trunks. 1 pair

Flip-flops. (Accommodation and washing facilities are communal) 1 pair

Sports kit (Shorts, t-shirts, socks) Two sets

Training shoes One pair.

The following items should be brought with you, although they can be purchased at CTCRM:

Clothes brush 1
    Coat hangers 6
    Shoe cleaning kit 1 set
    Soft yellow dusters (good quality – for polishing shoes) 2
    Metal polish (eg. Brasso). 1 tin
    Washing powder 1 packet
    Steam iron (essential). Due to Health and Safety requirements all electrical equipment at CTCRM is tested regularly, therefore, it is strongly advised that a new steam iron is purchased.

There are several small items that the new recruit will be required to buy from the shop on camp, the list for which will be given on arrival. To this end Recruits must arrive at CTCRM with sufficient money to cover the cost of these items and incidental expenses - ?200

Personal Hygiene in Barracks.

Exacting standards of personal hygiene are required from The Royal Marines. The following items are to be brought:

Shower gel 1
    Shampoo. 1
    Comb. 1
    Toothbrush. 1
    Toothpaste. 1
    Nail brush. 1
    Razor (not electric) + spare blades 1
    Shaving foam/gel. 1
    Large Towel 2

• Like Like x 2
  2. matt0111

matt0111 New Member

Alright lads this is a question for anyone who's passed there PRMC and was given a recruit handbook? I've looked high and low for mine cant find it anywhere. It had a couple of bits in it i wanted to know if someone could possible post it up that'd be a great help. It's the part when it says what stationary to take down, i know it says A4 folders but does it say an A3 folder aswell? Also it has the Postage address at lympstone for family and friends posting stuff? If someone could post it up here or PM me it that'd be a great help. I remember the rest in it just that. Thanks.

RT-Monday (Cant wait but nerves have kicked right in..)

3. Ninja_Stoker

Rct ........"Matt" (Service number*)
    XXX Troop*text deleted*
    CTC Royal Marines
    Lympstone
    Exmouth
    Devon
    EX8 5AR

* Service Number is usually on the front of your Attestation Form (S3049) and usually begins 3000.......
    *text deleted* Troop number is on this site's Homepage on the Recruit Training section.

Good luck.

Edit: Ammended to change title from Marine, to Recruit (Rct)

4. matt0111

matt0111 New Member

Thanks appreciate it.

5. petethecheat07

petethecheat07 New Member

just a quick 1, do i need to take stationary down there with me eg: folders, pens ?

thanks guys

6. Aussie89

Aussie89 New Member

thanks. i had the same questions about staionary as well

7. Ninja_Stoker

There's a Spar shop in Lympstone where you can buy additional stuff as necessary. The list supplied by the AFCO is sufficient to get you started.

Pens & paper are probably a good call, but you can get them there anyway as those having attended PRMC will vouch.

8. pcampbell87

pcampbell87 New Member

There is no harm in taking a pen and some paper for making any notes before you get issued your stationery but you will be issued loads of pens and pencils together with about 5 different types of notepad within the first few days.

9. Rikko

Rikko New Member

Can someone please tell me why you have to take a plastic bucket down with you and i found the additional list very helpful thanks guys.

Rikko

10. pcampbell87

pcampbell87 New Member

The plastic bucket is a 'dhobi bucket' where you store your dirty washing until you can wash it that evening. When I was in training these were issued and you did not need to take your own down.

I presume this is still the case but if Ninja or anyone in training knows different please correct me.

11. Rikko

Rikko New Member

It just says a plastic bucket in the Recruit handbook thats all but if someone could confirm this for me that would be much appreciated fella's.

Rikko

12. Shiloh79

Shiloh79 Royal Marines Commando

Lads a plastic bucket isnt required and neither is the pens, paper and folder (it is a good idea to bring a small note book & pen just as a back up though) despite what it says in the recruit handbook!
    Our whole troop and troops before ours have raised this matter at Lympstone so they are a aware of it but dont know it the recruit handbooks will be altered.

13. mlewis123

mlewis123 New Member

matt0111,

Not to go against what ninja said but when you get things sent to you have it addressed to "Rct" rather than "Marine"

If anyone has any questions about the early stages of training just drop me a PM. I got to week 6 and am now in Hunter because i've got a stress fracture in my 3rd metatarsal.

Matt.

14. Mackie

Mackie New Member

Bring more than 6 coathangers too. I'd recommend at least 10 because some days you need to hang up a lot of kit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mad Manc Matt

Mad Manc Matt New Member

whats the story with the bucket then?

16. Mackie

Mackie New Member

You get given one.

17. Mack15

Mack15 New Member

The bucket is for putting dirty washing in, if that was the question your asking

18. Ninja_Stoker

Good point Matt,

I honestly wasn't aware that was the preferred title whilst in training, so cheers for that- I've amended my post accordingly.

All feedback gratefully received & again thanks, hope your 'metawotsits' fully recover soon & you can get back into training.

Good luck.

19. Ninja_Stoker

PERSONAL ITEMS REQUIRED FOR ROYAL MARINES COMMANDO TRAINING

General. All new recruits arriving at CTCRM are issued with the uniforms and equipment necessary for Royal Marines Commando Training, however, you need to purchase a number of personal items. Although the vast majority of these items can be purchased on camp, it is necessary to give you some guidance before you arrive.

2. Civilian Dress. Recruits will spend the majority of their time in uniform, however, smart civilian dress will be required for the first few days, evenings, weekends and leave periods. When proceeding on leave or in the dining area or in the all ranks bar, ranks are NOT allowed to wear: patched or frayed jeans, track suits, shorts or offensive shirts.

3. Maintaining Kit. All uniforms are provided, however it is the responsibility of all servicemen to maintain their kit. To achieve this, recruits receive instruction.

4. Additional Military Equipment. The emphasis throughout training is placed on a Recruit learning how to look after the equipment issued and to this end Recruits are discouraged from buying additional items unnecessarily. Additional equipment should not be purchased until advice has been sought from the training team.

5. The following items should be brought with you:

KIT LIST FOR RECRUIT TRAINING
    A set of smart civilian dress (shoes, trousers, collared shirt and tie). This should be worn when joining CTCRM. 1 set
    Casual civilian dress. (Smart jeans, T-shirts and clean training shoes are allowed). At least 2 sets
    Swimming trunks. 1 pair
    Flip-flops. (Accommodation and washing facilities are communal) 1 pair
    Sports kit (Shorts, t-shirts, socks) Two sets
    Training shoes One pair.
    The following items should be brought with you, although they can be purchased at CTCRM:
    Clothes brush 1
    Coat hangers 6
    Shoe cleaning kit 1 set
    Soft yellow dusters (good quality ? for polishing shoes) 2
    Metal polish (eg. Brasso). 1 tin
    Washing powder 1 packet
    Steam iron (essential).

Due to Health and Safety requirements all electrical equipment at CTCRM is tested regularly, therefore, it is strongly advised that a new steam iron is purchased.

There are several small items that the new recruit will be required to buy from the shop on camp, the list for which will be given on arrival. To this end Recruits must arrive at CTCRM with sufficient money to cover the cost of these items ?40

Personal Hygiene in Barracks. Exacting standards of personal hygiene are required from The Royal Marines. The following items are to be brought:
    Shower gel 1
    Shampoo. 1
    Comb. 1
    Toothbrush. 1
    Toothpaste. 1
    Nail brush. 1
    Razor (not electric) + spare blades 1
    Shaving foam/gel. 1
    Large Towel 2

20. Delstob

Delstob New Member

Cheers, this is very helpful :)