RM (Official) Joining Kit List

RMCWill

Reaction score

6. Recruits should join with a Personal First Aid Kit. The recommended contents are as follows:

• a. Paracetamol Tablets ( 1 Pack containing 16 tablets)
      b. Ibuprofen tablets ( 1 Pack containing 12 tablets).
      c. Medicated Throat Lozenges ( 1 Box, max 24 tablets)
      e. Antiseptic Cream
      f. Blister Dressings ( 2nd Skin) Products
      g. Plasters
      h. Cold Sore Cream/Treatment.
      i Hayfever Medication (must be declared to Sickbay)

[/FONT][/LEFT]

• This still required these days? I thought Ibuprofen etc gets confiscated?

ryanb132

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'm confused to as what I should do, I've got all the kit listed in the Recruit Handbook but allot of it isn't listed on my official kit list from the RT brief. Should I bring it still anyway?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
This still required these days? I thought Ibuprofen etc gets confiscated?
Well spotted, the Royal Marine kit list has been amended & medication is no longer on it. It remains on the RN kit-list, but not the RM.

I've amended the original post.

Steve.S

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm confused to as what I should do, I've got all the kit listed in the Recruit Handbook but allot of it isn't listed on my official kit list from the RT brief. Should I bring it still anyway?
I'd like to know this too...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Those given a Recruit Handbook in addition to the AFCO joining letter should bring all items listed from official sources.

Those only given the AFCO joining letter should only bing that kit listed in the letter.

JHOPE1

Reaction score
Ok so this may be the stupidest question ever but I can't find the info anyway on here and I fear being laughed off the phone if I ring AFCO so here goes...

The kit list doesn't mention underwear/socks so how many should I bring down and is there a certain type you have to wear?

Any help would be appreciated fellas...only 2 weeks till RT!

ryanb132

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ok so this may be the stupidest question ever but I can't find the info anyway on here and I fear being laughed off the phone if I ring AFCO so here goes...

The kit list doesn't mention underwear/socks so how many should I bring down and is there a certain type you have to wear?

Any help would be appreciated fellas...only 2 weeks till RT!
131 troop right? see you there! good question also haha!

Chrizzc

Reaction score
Hey, guys i have been training for the Royal Marines and am hoping to join within the next 2 years. I have found the informtion that i need exept from one thing... I cannot find the marines training buliding i have looked every where in lypostone and i just can't find it! I would like to know where it is so i can get a good idea of the area if you guys can help. Cheers.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
... I cannot find the marines training buliding i have looked every where in lypostone and i just can't find it!
Welcome.

There is no specific, single training building at the Commando Training Centre, however if you "Google Earth" 'Lympstone', you may find out where it is.

Chrizzc

Reaction score
Welcome.

There is no specific, single training building at the Commando Training Centre, however if you "Google Earth" 'Lympstone', you may find out where it is.
Yeah i did googe earth "Lympstone" sorry bit of a typing error there. but i still can't find it.
:blink:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Michael, welcome.

Your standard kit is issued free of charge.

Upon joining the Commando Training Centre to commence Recruit Training (RT), each troop is given a unique list of additional items that are not issued, but may well prove useful during RT.

Recruits are advised to take around ?200 upon joining to cover any incidental expenses prior to receiving their first wage, paid to bank.

Commando1991

Reaction score
Hi Michael, welcome.

Your standard kit is issued free of charge.

Upon joining the Commando Training Centre to commence Recruit Training (RT), each troop is given a unique list of additional items that are not issued, but may well prove useful during RT.

Recruits are advised to take around ?200 upon joining to cover any incidental expenses prior to receiving their first wage, paid to bank.
That's great thanks for the quick reply :bigsmile:

TheGeek

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a question that may seem a tad odd.

I am gearing up to apply for the royal marines, currently on a drive for fitness.

However trying to glean as much knowledge as possible and may have a whole lot more questions.

After looking at this list I notice it says a razor and spare blade, now I take my shaving fairly seriously and shave with a straight razor, would this be permitted for bringing along to lympstone?

Geek

Venners500

Reaction score

What sort of things are on this list. I know they are unique, but are there any extras that are usually on there? I here the shop on camp is abit pricey, and if I can get anything before abit cheaper it would help.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a question that may seem a tad odd.

I am gearing up to apply for the royal marines, currently on a drive for fitness.

However trying to glean as much knowledge as possible and may have a whole lot more questions.

After looking at this list I notice it says a razor and spare blade, now I take my shaving fairly seriously and shave with a straight razor, would this be permitted for bringing along to lympstone?

Geek
So far as I'm aware anything with a 3 inch blade could be construed as a potential offensive weapon - as unlikely as that may seem.

The advice is take disposible razors for the first 3 weeks, make the enquiry via your training team & if approved, your family can bring your "cut-throat" razor to Families Day if "given the OK".