Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RM (Official) Joining Kit List

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Mar 19, 2008.

1. RMCWill

RMCWill New Member

• This still required these days? I thought Ibuprofen etc gets confiscated?

2. ryanb132

ryanb132 Royal Marines Commando

I'm confused to as what I should do, I've got all the kit listed in the Recruit Handbook but allot of it isn't listed on my official kit list from the RT brief. Should I bring it still anyway?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Well spotted, the Royal Marine kit list has been amended & medication is no longer on it. It remains on the RN kit-list, but not the RM.

I've amended the original post.

4. Steve.S

Steve.S Member

I'd like to know this too...

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Those given a Recruit Handbook in addition to the AFCO joining letter should bring all items listed from official sources.

Those only given the AFCO joining letter should only bing that kit listed in the letter.

6. JHOPE1

JHOPE1 New Member

Ok so this may be the stupidest question ever but I can't find the info anyway on here and I fear being laughed off the phone if I ring AFCO so here goes...

The kit list doesn't mention underwear/socks so how many should I bring down and is there a certain type you have to wear?

Any help would be appreciated fellas...only 2 weeks till RT!

7. ryanb132

131 troop right? see you there! good question also haha!

8. Chrizzc

Chrizzc New Member

Hey, guys i have been training for the Royal Marines and am hoping to join within the next 2 years. I have found the informtion that i need exept from one thing... I cannot find the marines training buliding i have looked every where in lypostone and i just can't find it! I would like to know where it is so i can get a good idea of the area if you guys can help. Cheers.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome.

There is no specific, single training building at the Commando Training Centre, however if you "Google Earth" 'Lympstone', you may find out where it is.

10. Chrizzc

Chrizzc New Member

Yeah i did googe earth "Lympstone" sorry bit of a typing error there. but i still can't find it.
    :blink:

11. ryanb132

type in lympstone commando rail station.. that's the camp

12. Commando1991

Commando1991 New Member

Hi my name is michael

13. Commando1991

Commando1991 New Member

the kit/uniform they give you once you start your 32 week training course how much does it cost you thanks

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Hi Michael, welcome.

Your standard kit is issued free of charge.

Upon joining the Commando Training Centre to commence Recruit Training (RT), each troop is given a unique list of additional items that are not issued, but may well prove useful during RT.

Recruits are advised to take around ?200 upon joining to cover any incidental expenses prior to receiving their first wage, paid to bank.

15. Commando1991

Commando1991 New Member

That's great thanks for the quick reply :bigsmile:

16. ryanb132

?200 cash?

17. C

C Guest

?200 available in the bank.

18. TheGeek

TheGeek Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi Guys

I have a question that may seem a tad odd.

I am gearing up to apply for the royal marines, currently on a drive for fitness.

However trying to glean as much knowledge as possible and may have a whole lot more questions.

After looking at this list I notice it says a razor and spare blade, now I take my shaving fairly seriously and shave with a straight razor, would this be permitted for bringing along to lympstone?

Geek

19. Venners500

Venners500 New Member

What sort of things are on this list. I know they are unique, but are there any extras that are usually on there? I here the shop on camp is abit pricey, and if I can get anything before abit cheaper it would help.

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

So far as I'm aware anything with a 3 inch blade could be construed as a potential offensive weapon - as unlikely as that may seem.

The advice is take disposible razors for the first 3 weeks, make the enquiry via your training team & if approved, your family can bring your "cut-throat" razor to Families Day if "given the OK".