RMAD confused

LukeJillings

Reaction score
i went for my RMAD today and i really had a gd time. the thing is i failed my running because i got 11.40 and i am gutted but on the other side i got 18 points and to pass i have to get 18 points do you reckon they will let my go for my PJFT or do you think that ther goin to delay me or sumthing??

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Luke,

Just crack-on with your PJFT mate as long as you can do 1.5 mile in under 10 minutes on a treadmill at the gym. If you've passed medical & have received the PJFT letter from the AFCO carry on and book it, however if you cannot complete the distance in the designated time, it will count as a fail, which sets alarm bells ringing for Royal Marines. If you need more time ring your AFCO & tell your careers adviser you need to train more.

If you're wondering about your PRMC, I'd be inclined to defer it as the 1.5 mile squad run out should be in 12 mins 30 secs & the run-back in under 10 mins 30 secs, (ideally under 10 mins on the run-back). Hopefully the RMAD gave you a good insight & you now know where to concentrate your preparations before you attend.

Good luck.

LukeJillings

Reaction score
cheres thanks alot
i havnt got a letter for a PJFT yet the only thing *text deleted* been told is to ring up tomoro but am worrying like mad *text deleted*

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much, the RMAD is a tool for YOU to gauge your readiness to undergo PRMC, whether you "pass" or "fail" RMAD doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it's there to help you prepare. For your own peace of mind you may wish to complete another before attending PRMC, but you'll need to talk with your Careers Adviser on that one- don't panic, they don't shout!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im having the same probs i passed my psycho today and he said i should be having RMAD in the next 4 weeks and if i fail he is "saking me" they are his exact words and in my head i was thinking sh!t sh!t and i cant do 40 marine pressups ?!

my running is easy i can do that its just my pressups and upper body... will it matter if i fail or is he saying that to scare me ?

walksof

Reaction score
alright blocky mate,
i have literally come back from my RMAD over at HMS Eaglet in Liverpool, i wouldnt let it worrie you as much as it does mate. Like ninja stoker has said in the last few posts its there to use as a tool an basically give you a good grounding an let you know were you stand fitness wise.
The results that you get on the day do go back to yor AFCO to give your career adviser better idea of where your at an when to book you in for a PRMC. and with only bein able to do 40 press ups its not the end of the world, i only managed 38 an still passed but thats my weak spot which i need to train on.i dont think your career adviser is going to ''sack you'' but he will probably advise you that your either ready or not an give you a realistic PRMC date depending on how you do.
what they were telling us at the end of the day on how they score you is that the RMAD day consists of 5 sections which they test you on an get an overall score for you at the end of the day.

1) 3 mile run (1.5 out in around 12 mins, then 1.5 back in your own time, definatly do this in under 10.30 or 10.00 any ya will be ok)
2) press ups (if this is your weak spot like mine aim for as many as you can a strong 40)
3) sit ups (aim for around 66 in 2 mins an ya will be ok)
4) bleep test (minimum 11.3 but dont stop if ya reach it keep going you score higher which al explain in a bit)
5)pull ups over arm not under (max it out an do 6)

yeh so they explaind the scoring right at the end for obvious reasons so we didnt know how it was worked out an just gave up when we had done enough. basically you can score 6 points in each of the five sections giving you an overall total of 30. The run weighs slightly more on if ya ''pass or fail'' like for instance two people can have the same score of say 19 but one can pass and one can fail. the one who failed was because their run was over 10.30 whereas the other persons wasnt.
so if you have a slight problem with press ups like i do you want to be scoring well in the other areas to make sure ya still pass( but remember its only a tool to use to see wha fitness level ya at which is wha it does)
i know you get one point for each pull up so just max them out, you get 6 points on the bleep test at 12.7 but even then dont stop. and for the sit ups, press ups and run they didnt tell us the scoring but all in all if ya max out bleep test, pull ups an do ok in your run an sit ups and dont totally mess up your press ups you will be fine. just push hard an ya will have no worries mate.
you have an extra month there to work on press ups so should be happy days come RMAD, to be fair its an insight an PRMC will be harder but its a good insight an give you areas that are weak to work on.

anyways hope thats helps walks

MisterP

Reaction score
I just attended my RMAD. My results were: Run; 10min15sec on the 3 miler back, after the first 12min30sec out, 10.4 on the bleep test (which i failed as far as i know [they told me i had to get 11.5 to past that part]), 52 press-ups, 69 sit-ups and 4 pull-ups (missing the min 6).

I was sure that with what i had done that i had definately failed. In fact i texted my family and friends that i thought i had.

I got the phone call the next day,... My AFCO asked me how i though i had done - i started the "i know i didn't do to well but i think you should let me pass anyway speech" -which consisted of me saying, what a positive experience it had been and i know now what to work on. Anyway he interupted my nervous nonsense to say that i had passed.

I have one or two points to make about this.
I'm completely glad that i've passed the RMAD, but, BUT, having looked at many other posts on this website, I feel that i'm way off the pass mark for the PRMC (or at best might just scrape a pass if i train like hell for the next 4 weeks.

And secondly; why the hell does the AFCO ask you 'how you thought you've done'? Apparently he has your result infront of him (and i could see how idle curiosity might promt the question), but surely if he knows your result, why make you squirm for those last few seconds. It only makes you think that if you say the wrong thing then that might just tip the balance against you!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
And secondly; why the hell does the AFCO ask you 'how you thought you've done'?
The RMAD endorses the fitness levels claimed by the candidate.

It's a very revealing question- often you get cocky individuals claiming they thought they were great & the results indicate otherwise. Sometimes even after claiming they were good at interview & still not performing too well at interview they need telling rather bluntly.

Conversely, by asking someone such as yourself how they did, we check that you are aware where there's possibly room for development (in your case obviously the Bleep test) before we tell you you have passed. If you were simply told "You've passed" it has been found that the candidates' hearing switches off & the weak areas are forgotten.

Well done by the way, your figures indicate you should pass PRMC - the only area I've come across people failing PRMC after passing RMAD is on the "Determination test" (Bottom field) at Lympstone.

callum1234

Reaction score
just done my 1.5 today *text deleted* and the trainer down the gym will tell u what speed to run at, dw as once u get going its a piece of piss

callum1234

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice i'm really struggling with upper body strength its pathetic at the moment and i just passed my PJFT and i don't *text deleted* go on my PRMC and fail becaue of my strength. My PRMC is in a month and i really need to boost my upper body FAST! Can anyone give me some good advice?