Rmad help

bobo

Reaction score
afternoon, so I passed my recruit test today and was invited to an rmad on 5th July. I’m really interested in going seems like a good day and will allow me to see where I’m at training wise since I’ve not been training for long. Only thing is the swimming tests, I would essentially consider myself a non swimmer but am having one to one lessons starting today however I don’t think I’ll be a good swimmer by the time it comes around. What’s the best course of action to take?

MozzaLUFC

Reaction score
the swimming tests are very basic so you might manage ok, but just try your best, dont not go just because u cant swim as RMAD's are very important, as they give u a great understanding of your current fitness as well as giving u a taster of how hard it will be at PRMC and RT. Just let one of the marines know that u arent a strong swimmer, and if u still cant really swim by then, then just ask to sit it out, as long as u let them know u are taking lessons they shouldnt give u a hard time about it.

bobo

Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, I’ll definetely go and just let them know that I’m not a strong swimmer and I’m getting lessons should be fine. Thanks for the help.

Imperator13

Reaction score
Don’t recall doing any swimming tests on the two RMADs I’ve gone to

bobo

Reaction score
I got given a schedule for the day and it had swimming tests on mate, may depend on the facilities I suppose

Imperator13

Reaction score
I got given a schedule for the day and it had swimming tests on mate, may depend on the facilities I suppose

Possibly, I did both of mine in Leeds in 2015/2016 so maybe it’s just better now :D

Thechancer

Reaction score
Deffo get some lessons in mate, will help in RT, though they do and will help you to learn swimming is essential (life skill) and taking the pro active approach is only going to benefit you

MozzaLUFC

Reaction score
Possibly, I did both of mine in Leeds in 2015/2016 so maybe it’s just better now :D
When I was at my last RMAD, someone said that some of the barracks that do RMADs have swimming facilities so they get to do the swimming as well. The Leeds one doesn’t so that’s why there isn’t any swimming tests.