RMAD what happens?

MrJamesUp

Reaction score
I know most of the stuff that happens but just wanted to ask a question thats most likely going to be a stupid one. Is there going to be a swimming assessment during the RMAD?

aiker123

Reaction score
Nope, no swimming test and if you're lucky they sometimes leave out the BFT ;)

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
(Copied from a previous RMADi attended)

Timings

An example programme of events for the Acquaint is as follows:

1000 - Introduction and brief on Royal Marines.

1030 – Change into Sports kit

1045 – Three Mile Run

1145 – Shower and Change

1200 – Brief on Commando Training and Life in a Royal Marines unit

1230 – Lunch

1300 – Change into Phys Kit

1315 – Royal Marines Fitness assessment simulation

1430 - Brief on Potential Royal Marines Course

1500 – Debrief

What You Should Wear and Bring

There are no specific dress requirements for the Acquaint; come in what you are comfortable in, such as jeans and t-shirt. You will be participating in physical activities so it is not advisable to wear any jewellery. You will need to bring the following items with you.

a. 2 sets of sports kit (appropriate for time of year) with suitable training/running shoes
b. Lose fitting track suit bottoms, long sleeve running/rugby shirt.
c. A packed lunch plus light refreshments for yourself throughout the day.
d. Water bottle – minimum 1 litre.
f. A note book and pen.

g. Photo Identity or Birth Certificate

MrJamesUp

Reaction score
(Copied from a previous RMADi attended)

Timings

An example programme of events for the Acquaint is as follows:

1000 - Introduction and brief on Royal Marines.

1030 – Change into Sports kit

1045 – Three Mile Run

1145 – Shower and Change

1200 – Brief on Commando Training and Life in a Royal Marines unit

1230 – Lunch

1300 – Change into Phys Kit

1315 – Royal Marines Fitness assessment simulation

1430 - Brief on Potential Royal Marines Course

1500 – Debrief

What You Should Wear and Bring

There are no specific dress requirements for the Acquaint; come in what you are comfortable in, such as jeans and t-shirt. You will be participating in physical activities so it is not advisable to wear any jewellery. You will need to bring the following items with you.

a. 2 sets of sports kit (appropriate for time of year) with suitable training/running shoes
b. Lose fitting track suit bottoms, long sleeve running/rugby shirt.
c. A packed lunch plus light refreshments for yourself throughout the day.
d. Water bottle – minimum 1 litre.
f. A note book and pen.

g. Photo Identity or Birth Certificate
Thanks for information, quick question. This three mile run, i guess its an outside group run and no teadmill running. Plus is it a group run, do you know the average speed we'll be running at. i know im asking a pretty specific question. I need to work my push ups, hitting high 20's right now. pull ups and push ups are ok. Got my RMAD 13th November. pretty excited but also nervous, *text deleted* go there with a cheerful attitude and do my best to not *text deleted* up

Last edited:

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for information, quick question. This three mile run, i guess its an outside group run and no teadmill running. Plus is it a group run, do you know the average speed we'll be running at. i know I'm asking a pretty specific question. I need to work my push ups, hitting high 20's right now. pull ups and push ups are ok. Got my RMAD 13th November. pretty excited but also nervous, *text deleted* go there with a cheerful attitude and do my best to not *text deleted* up

Aye it is an outside run, the first ones usually within 12:30. a minute rest to have a piss and sort your laces out. run back is a best effort but you should be aiming for a time below 10:30. After the run they may or may not do a determination test to basically see who jacks their hand in first.

All in all it's a great laugh, you meet some new people and it opens your eyes to what aspects of training you need to improve on

MrJamesUp

Reaction score
Aye it is an outside run, the first ones usually within 12:30. a minute rest to have a piss and sort your laces out. run back is a best effort but you should be aiming for a time below 10:30. After the run they may or may not do a determination test to basically see who jacks their hand in first.

All in all it's a great laugh, you meet some new people and it opens your eyes to what aspects of training you need to improve on
Ah thanks again. SHould of guessed they'll make it as close to the PRMC requirements as possible. Sounds like a good laugh. Was going to do a treadmill run today but probably go for a three mile and some hill sprinting to get ready for the RMAD. Thanks again mate, looking forward to it

Hubb97

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on one next Wednesday so any questions then let me know! I think it's mock day 1 PRMC assessments with a few briefs on training and PRMC. Wouldn't mind if they chuck a few bottom field style circuits in there though!

pacessdo

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
On my rmad we had two hour workout in a park. It was raining and muddy. We all got soaking wet and dirty. We had bruises everywhere! Did some 200-300m sprints followed by series of funny exercises like bear crawls etc. After all that we did press ups, sit ups and pull ups. personally I enjoyed every minute , have fun!