Rmad ?

brownie123

Reaction score
Ok royal marine acquaintent day; is it compulsory does everybody do it? Just i recently passed my RE-MEDICAL as i was underweight and i just scraped getting through this one weighing 60.4 and my AFCO said he is going to sort my PJFT out as hes having trouble with the place that does it in my area; then on completion of that hes giving me 6 weeks to get ready for PRMC, never mentioned the RMAD? let me know guys and let me know what it consists off, thanks everyone :)

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
well from what i know the RMAD is not a must but it is advised so you get a general feel for the marines. because i think it runs you through the tests you will face on the PRMC and generally tells you about the marines. In a way its just a one day PRMC with a talk on the commandos.

brownie123

Reaction score
well from what i know the RMAD is not a must but it is advised so you get a general feel for the marines. because i think it runs you through the tests you will face on the PRMC and generally tells you about the marines. In a way its just a one day PRMC with a talk on the commandos.

Ahh i see mate; do they have set dates for the RMAD? Is it in Devon ? *text deleted* buddy.

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
there is a link, in the stickys section tells you about the whole day, mine was at RMR merseyside, depends which is local to you. this is organised by your afco, give them a call and request one. PTI's come up from lympstone and assess you on 3 mile run, bleep test, press ups, sit ups and pull ups. its for your own benefit to assess where your fitness levels are at so you roughly know what to work harder at, if any, and to give you an idea of when you are ready for PRMC. Worth while doing, will either give you confidence or a kick up the ass, gave me both.