Rmad

Mighty Duck

Reaction score
just wondered what this is my guess would be the medical but not entirely sure just wondered if you lads could help me out with this as if it is this is my next stage passed psycometrics and interview and cant wait to get stook into the physical work!

cheers lads,

micky

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
maybe it's just me but i can't understand what your post actually says. i think your asking about the app process.

the app process is this...

Application form
Psychometrics test
Interview
mecical
PJFT (pre-Joining Fitness Test)
PRMC (Potential Royal Marines Course)
RT (Recruit Training)

I see you called the thread RMAD, not everyone gets to go on an RMAD. and this is not a pass or fail stage. basically RMAD is like a mini 1 day PRMC, that will give you an insight into the royal marines, their way of life and you get to do a fitness test. if you fail the fitness test this will not stop you from going to PRMC but you will be advised on areas that you need to work on. e.g. when i went i was told i need to work on my pull ups.

hope this is what you are asking as i have spent 10 minutes typing this up! :)

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
As Marco said RMAD or Royal Marines Aquaint Day is just a day where you get to do some fitness tests and spend time with marines a bit of an insight into what life will be like.

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Above posts are correct, also if you havn't passed a pjft which is the 3 mile run on a treadmill yet, when you do your 3 mile run on the RMAD providing it is in the required time this will count as a pass and will not have to do the pjft. Other than that it just a day for your benefit to show your areas of weakness.

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are you at the liverpool afco on james street? its not a test as in official pass, fail, its just a simulation of day one on a prmc. Unless you havn't taken a pjft were the run on the rmad could be a pass or fail. If you fail an rmad this will not stop you attending a prmc, i know this because i failed mine on the run, which was just a kick up the ass to work harder.
I am at the liverpool afco, and know this is not official. Obviously if your scores are crap they will book you prmc at a much later date, and maybe send you on another rmad just before to see if your taking your app seriously.

C

critchmufc

im at the st.helens afco mate, and the officer in charge of my application wont let me book PRMC untill ive passed RMAD, i know a few lads on mine that failed and already had PRMC dates

i will gladly go on another RMAD, but i also want a PRMC date as i dont want to be going on one in Jan/Feb

Matthew " Osiris" Cook

Reaction score
I was told at my AFCO that Rmad is only an option if your wait to do you prmc is to far away, but out of 7 or so people there I was the only person wanting to join the marines and not the navy so maybe he was catering the rmad description (he just called it an aquaint day not an rmad) at the navy recruits. Man, the navy seams so easy to join compared to the Marines, 8 weeks of band camp compared to 32 weeks of hell on earth haha.

Osiris

EDIT: By the way gents, did you all have to watch the Navy recruit video or something different? I had to watch the navy presentation but I was invited to stay after to watch Commando on the frontline with Sir afterward which was great.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Man, the navy seams so easy to join compared to the Marines, 8 weeks of band camp compared to 32 weeks of hell on earth haha.

Tsk, tsk. Nine weeks perleeze!

Actually you're not comparing like for like.

Royal Marines Commandos have 15 weeks Phase One training (up to Exercise Baptists Run) & 17 weeks Phase Two. Sailors have 9 weeks phase one training followed by phase two trade training ranging from 16 weeks to 156 weeks dependent on the trade.

Royal Marines Band Service musicians have 15 weeks Phase One and 130 weeks phase two.

With regard fitness standards, the longest RN warship is 210 metres long (HMS Ark Royal)- if you run further, you are swimming. The only RN trade which is comparable to the Royal Marines with regard fitness standards is the Mine Clearance Diver, who funnily enough do swim a lot. As Divers also do ordnance disposal, presumably the reason they have to run fast is in case they snip the wrong wire!

Mighty Duck

Reaction score
thanks a lot lads possitive your rigth with that 1 day prmc and *text deleted* gt one of those booked for the 12th anyway so cheers for the replys.

Mighty Duck

Reaction score
however is it a pass or fail thing like some people were saying i was lead to believe it is just to see were you stand in terms off been good enough for PRMC???????

C

critchmufc

however is it a pass or fail thing like some people were saying i was lead to believe it is just to see were you stand in terms off been good enough for PRMC???????

its NOT a pass/fail thing in 99% of afcos, but in mine i cant book prmc untill ive passed it