Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RMFA Score

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Dang2696, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Dang2696

Dang2696 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi, Went to an RMAD yesterday in Portsmouth, scored 17 on RMFA would that be considered a good score to pass day 1 of PRMC?

2. Aerial

Aerial New Member

17 would be considered OK, but not exceptional. I scored 17 on my own BFT + RMFA (which I think is what you do on an RMAD?) with a further three points coming from the assault course/Bottom Field so I ended up on the conditional pass/pass borderline with 20.

You'll be absolutely hanging out by the time you do the assault course so it's harder to pick up points there, and you shouldn't bank on doing well. 17 should get you over the line, but if you've still got time to train before your PRMC you should be looking to pump up those numbers further rather than resting on your laurels.

A lot can happen on the day and you won't be fresh, so it's better to aim for at least 18 points to be safe. In my case (a Reserves PRMC) we ended up doing Bottom Field before the RMFA so my legs were gone when it came to the bleep test and I just scraped 1 point.

If I wasn't sorted with my sit-ups, press-ups and pull-ups I'd have likely failed so it pays to put in the extra work even if you think you're already at the standard.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rocoma121

rocoma121 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Do you mind if I send you a PM about your PRMCR? I've never heard of doing bottom field before the RMFA

4. Aerial

Aerial New Member

Yes mate, of course.

It wasn't what I was expecting either. We were supposed to do the RMFA on Saturday morning but the gym wasn't available so it got bumped to Sunday morning (we did bottom field on Saturday afternoon).

It was nothing sinister, and just all to do with the right facilities being free. We just had to roll with it.

5. Dang2696

Dang2696 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Yeah I Haven’t got a PRMC booked yet, hoping to get one on October sort of time, so hopefully by then I’ll improved

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Generally speaking, those undertaking an RMAD will be debriefed by either their conducting staff on the day or via their Careers Adviser further downline.

The RMAD scores will be broken down into criteria elements and weaker areas identified so that potential recruits can focus on the bits that need further development.

It is stressed that an RMAD is not a mandatory element of selection however it would be unwise to pass up the opportunity to experience how things are conducted and an excellent opportunity to network with fellow potential training partners and subsequent recruits.

If you underperform on an RMAD, it's up to the individual whether they wish to defer attendance on a PRMC but anyone going on course hoping that minimal part scores will possibly suffice is likely to be disappointed with their results on the day of the races. The reason for this is contributing factors such as a few sleepless nights beforehand, worry/nerves, niggles, weather and peripheral physical & mental exertion inbetween the criteria elements - none of which should be underestimated.