Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RMR and employment

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by martialartist89, Feb 7, 2019.

1. martialartist89

martialartist89 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I’ve been thinking for a long time of applying to the marine reserve as it was always a dream when I was younger and now getting to the cut off age(I’m 30 this year) I realise time is running out to at least attempt something I wanted from life. The trouble is I am self employed in the construction industry and have been working all over the country recently I am just wondering how training weekends and drill nights work in regards to being able to attend in diffrent areas or missing any

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Best best is to contact your local RMR unit and attend an Initial Maritime Reserves Presentation - they usually conduct one a month for questions such as this.

Training for the RMR demands a high levwl of commitment, you need to budget for two weekends one month, folliwed by one the next, over a 12-18 month period, plus 2-3, 2 hour drill nights a month over the first year.