RMR Belfast

B

Blackers

Hi guys,

I heard a rumour that the Belfast Detachment no longer exists and the closest Det for NI is now in Scotland? RMR Belfast used to run recruitment stalls at Armed Forces Day events, Portrush Airshow and Belfast Maritime Festival but I note they haven’t done this for a few years?
Is this true? Also I am an ex regular who left regular Army service three years ago at the rank of LCpl. Am I entitled to any rejoiner bounty, not that it’s important but thought I’d ask.

Cheers.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score

Mountain20

Reaction score
Hi,
Belfast detachment still exists although I think all training is cancelled currently due to covid-19. Was down the other week and was told it was cancelled then and havnt been back since as I would assume it's still cancelled. I was due to go on prmc on 11th of may and start recuit training shortly after for RMR.

TBL

Reaction score
Hi guys RMR Belfast still about just not operating as normal at the minute due to C-19. Anyone heard anything about RMR Vpjft and ROP finishing with CAA instead of PRMC? How that will work with Holding troop etc? What will ROP and CAA include?

ljw5

Reaction score
I was at Palace Barracks a bit before all the covid stuff happened and I saw it then.

Reactions: TBL

TBL

Reaction score
I don't believe so at this time. Best bet is to ring det or AFCO to find out directly.