Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RMR Bristol (Cardiff, Lympstone/Exeter, Plymouth, Poole)

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by R4Robotics, Mar 7, 2014.

1. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

royal_marines_reserve_bristol.gif

Follow us on twitter or like our page

RMR Bristol
    RMR Bristol is divided into five detachments to enable Reservists to be drawn from the main areas of population within South West England and Wales. The main detachment is Bristol which is located alongside the HQ. The four remaining detachments are based in Poole, Plymouth, Cardiff and Lympstone (near Exeter).
    Postal Address:
    RMR Bristol, Dorset House, Litfield Place, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 3NA
    Telephone:
    01179 733 267
    The Bristol Detachment is co-located with the unit HQ at Dorset House in Clifton, close to the Suspension Bridge.
    Email:
    RMR Bristol
    Training Evening:
    Wednesday 1930–2130

Cardiff Detachment

Postal Address:
    Cardiff Detachment, c/o RMR Bristol, Dorset House, Litfield Place, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 3NA

Telephone:
    Contact us via RMR Bristol on 01179 733 267

The Detachment in Cardiff is situated at the TA Centre, Ty Llewellyn, on Morgan Street, opposite the Cardiff Prison and next to the Cardiff Central Fire Station.

Training Evening:
    Wednesday 1930–2130

Lympstone Detachment

Postal Address:
    Lympstone Detachment, c/o RMR Bristol, Dorset House, Litfield Place, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 3NA

Telephone:

The Lympstone Detachment is located at Commando Training Centre Royal Marines, on the A376 near the village of Lympstone, just south of Exeter off the M5 at J30.

Training Evening:
    Wednesday 1930–2130

Plymouth Detachment

Postal Address:
    Plymouth Detachment, c/o RMR Bristol, Dorset House, Litfield Place, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 3NA

Telephone:

The Plymouth Detachment is co-located at the TA Centre at Prospect Place, off the Citadel Road in Mill Bay

Training Evening:
    Wednesday 1930–2130

Poole Detachment

Postal Address:
    Poole Detachment, c/o RMR Bristol, Dorset House, Litfield Place, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 3NA

Telephone:

The Poole Detachment is located at Royal Marines Poole off Napier Road near Rockley Park.

Training Evening:
    Wednesday 1930–2130

2. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Presentations take place at all RMR Bristol Detachments on the first Wednesday of every month (unless there is a clash with leave)

Presentations start at 7.30pm and there is no need to have contacted/visited the AFCO prior to attending.

Dress code: Smart casual

3. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

For those lads looking to Jon RMR Bristol the next PRMC will be around November '14. Exact date tbc

4. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Those interested in RMR Bristol. Detachments will be holding presentation evening this Wednesday 7th May.

Smart casual
    Be there for 19:20

5. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

RMR Bristol's first PRMC for 115 Troop has been penciled in for December '14 (exact date tbc).

If you want to be attending this, it would be advantageous to get your application started prior to summer leave, which starts 04Aug14. If you have not attened a presentation evening yet, the next presentation evening will be 03Sept14

6. Crash_Monkey

Crash_Monkey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

Happy days! Very much hope to be on this.

Would you be kind enough to confirm when the first holding troop for Bristol (Exeter Det) would be after summer leave?

7. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

I think holding troop is starting September, but providing you have passed your medical there might not be any objections to you attending on 27Aug

8. Crash_Monkey

Crash_Monkey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Brilliant, thank you for the info.

9. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

RMR Bristol have provisionally confirmed their first PRMC for 115 Troop will be held on the weekend of 5th, 6th & 7th December '14

10. Crash_Monkey

Crash_Monkey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi @R4robo, just saw you said in another topic that it seems all RMR Units appear to be having two intakes a year. Does that mean after Bristol's PRMCR in Dec training would start sooner than March/April when I believe this years Troop started?

11. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Good spot, I have just amended that reply. What I meant was 2 PRMCs feeding 1 Recruit troop. So I think you are still looking at a March/April recruit start, for Bristol.

12. Crash_Monkey

Crash_Monkey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ah ok, no problem. Thank you for the clarification!

13. welshwizard_90

welshwizard_90 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi Robo, I wont be ready for the December PRMC. Is there likely to be a PRMC early in 2015? You mentioned above that there is one intake per year, If the PRMC is after the intake in March/April, I'm guessing I'd then have to wait until the following March/April to start training? If that makes sense, Cheers

14. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

There is 1 intake a year ie. 1 recruit troop. However, this troop is fed by 2 PRMCs. The first one has been confirmed as 5,6,7th Dec '14 and the 2nd one has not yet been confirmed. Neither has the start date for the recruit troop.

As an aside the Phase1A course for 115Tp has been penciled for 4th September '15

15. welshwizard_90

welshwizard_90 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi Robo,

I'm waiting to be 4yrs clear of an inhaler I was given for bronchitis, which will be up in January I think.

Cheers

16. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Dates for the diaries of Potential Recruits:
    PRMC(R) 1 - 05/12/2014
    PRMC(R) 2 - 06/03/2015
    RT Commences - 20/03/2015

• Like Like x 1
  17. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

If you are looking to join RMR the recruitment proces has changed.

You now need to complete the form - https://dnr.dataforcegroup.co.uk/EOI/?service=RN&

This will then initiate the application process, by sending a notification to the AFCO.

You should then receive an email asking you to attend a presentation. (If you do not receive this within a couple of days I suggest you call your AFCO).

Once you attend the presentation, you willl then be invited to complete the application process by your AFCO (If you do not receive this within a couple of days I suggest you call your AFCO).

NB. Once you pass the Medical you are then eligible to join your Unit/Detachment (and start getting paid)

If you are attending as holding troop, as a starter for 10 your Kit list should include:
    Flip Flops, Towel, Shower Gel, Trainers, Shorts (Dark Colour), T-Shirt (Dark Plain Colour), Water bottle, Socks x 2, Underwear x 2, Notepad & Pen, Smart Casual Civilian Clothing (Jeans with no rips) - All kit ironed

You should turn to cleanly shaven, hair tidy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crash_Monkey

Crash_Monkey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thank you for the info. Presumably if you're already in the process then the first part of your post doesn't apply? I don't need to resubmit my application or anything do I?

Also, ref the quote above. Do you really start getting paid if you attend Holding Troop after medical? I was under the impression (probably wrongly!) that it was after passing PRMCR and moving from Holding Troop into 'Foundation Troop'. Obviously not complaining if that is the case! haha.

Finally, is Holding Troop up and running again now for all Bristol Det's? I want to start attending regularly in the run up to the December PRMCR for a 'extra phys' :).

Many thanks,
    Crash.

19. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

If you haven't had an interview it might be worth contacting the AFCO to make sure all is well, otherwise you do not need to re-apply (but worth keeping onto AFCO).

As of this intake you now get paid as part of Holding troop. This used to be the case, but was stopped 2 troops ago. NB. In the old days you didn't get paid until you passed PRMC ie. Payments back dated. However, I am led to believe you attest and then will get paid (linked to the Reserve Forces Review).

Holding troop for all RMR Bristol's detachments is now "open". Kit lists might be different from det to det, but you can't go far wrong with the one above.

20. Crash_Monkey

Crash_Monkey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ah ok brilliant, I'm through the medical and at PJFT stage so should be fine then.

Thanks for the clarification on Holding Troop. The aim is to get down there from next Weds onwards, is it worth calling RMR Bristol HQ to let them know my intentions so they can alert the Training Team at the Det?