RMR Bristol (Cardiff, Lympstone/Exeter, Plymouth, Poole)

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by R4Robotics, Mar 7, 2014.

1. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Only if you have special training needs ;)

The training team taking you through will not necessarily be from your det. On a det night you will be trained by trained ranks at the det following a syllabus sent out from the training sgt. The training team are reservists taken from all dets. Usually 3 cpls a sgt and the DL

2. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

You can now follow Cardiff Det on twitter - follow or/and like their Facebook page here

Updates will still be posted on here, but more information/news specific to the Det will be shared via twitter.

3. Grogsey

Grogsey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi I'm interested in RMR. I live near lympstone so would be on that det. Does that mean I will do my training there or would I have to go to bristol for recruit training?

4. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

You would parade at Lympstone on a Wednesdy night and then complete Recruit Training at any of the training areas within the South West, but 9 times out of 10 times it will be Woodbury

• Like Like x 1
  5. CJE

CJE New Member

Hey quick question , just to confirm there is no pjft anymore and only a 'selection weekend' ? if so does this selection weekend pretty much follow the exact outline of a regular prmc ?
    Cheers

6. Froggers

Froggers Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    You still have to do a PJFT same as the regs.

7. CJE

CJE New Member

really ? my careers adviser said it had been sacked and instead theres a 3 miler in the same format but as a road run on the selection weekend

8. Froggers

Froggers Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Things do change but I only did the PJFT two weeks ago. There is a 3 miler as part of the BFT which should come just before the RMFA on the selection weekend.

9. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

@Froggers - what you unit are you with?

OK - I'm not sure what the official stance is from an AFCO. However, from unit view point the requirement of a PJFT has been waivered. I feel you will still be put forward for one, but failing will not prevent you from attending PRMC(R). Personally I think you should do the PJFT as a confidence thing, but can understand the reason it is not compulsory.

As for the PRMC(R). It does mirror the regular PRMC, especially as Bristol use CTCRM.

You will do:
    BFT, which has always been the case. This is the test the PJFT "replicates";
    RMFA, which is the shuttle runs, push ups, sit ups and pull ups.
    Bottom field acquaint
    Swimming Assessment
    1 night in the "field"
    Lectures
    Endurance course run through

10. Froggers

Froggers Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I start Cardiff det holding troop in the new year @R4Robotics.

11. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

When did you pass your medical? Did the AFCO Make you aware that you could attend once that had been completed?

Going from what you are saying, it does look like the AFCO is still putting lads through th PJFT process, as should be the case. But to stress Bristol will take "you" at risk to PRMC(R) if you fail

12. Froggers

Froggers Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I have just moved down to south wales for uni, finally got settled in and re started my application which I started in 2012. pretty much did interview and pjft on the same day and my medical was luckily still in date. The day after my interview and pjft I went home from Christmas (students ehh) and won't be back until just before new year.

13. browner467

browner467 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi fellas, do RMR Bristol hold familiarisation courses? As mentioned in the RMR Careers leaflet, thanks.

14. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Not something I have heard of before. Most of the documentation is out of date.

The only thing I can think this relates to the presentation evenings, but they have stopped now until at least June 2015.

To be honest I am not sure the value of a familiarisation course. What sort of things are you looking to gain information/become familiar with?

15. browner467

browner467 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    The familiarisation course it mentions sounds a lot like the 'look at the life course' that the regulars run. It says that it is run at each unit a long with 'meet the marines,' throughout the year.

16. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

This does sound like a posh term for the presenations they run. Each unit does it differently. I believe London have an open day once a month. Where as Bristol have local (ie Det level) presentations. These need to be attended before you can progress your application. At the presentation you will be given an overview of the RMR from training to being a trained rank and then from pay & benefits and what is expected of you phys whys. You will then be given a tour of your det and get to meet some of the recruits.

17. Grogsey

Grogsey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    How come the presentation evenings have stopped until June? I was hoping to attend the lympstone one when it's next on.

18. browner467

browner467 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I would imagine it is because there is only 1 intake per year. Therefore people would be attending presentation evenings and not being able to take there application any further for a few months.

19. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

That is correct. The next PRMC is the begining of March and with the recruitment process taking 6-8weeks best case there is no time.

It is worth giving them a call or visiting the Det on a Wednesday, if you are local. It might be that you can tick that box without needing an actual presentation. Are you an ex nod?

20. Grogsey

Grogsey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yes I was a nod in the regulars in 2012. I've just sent my application for the reserves a couple days ago, do you think I've got a chance of getting on the March prmc and that recruit troop? My fitness is better now than it was when I last passed prmc so hopefully I can get through the application process quick!

I'll give the afco a call tomorrow and see what he says.