Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RMR Bristol (Cardiff, Lympstone/Exeter, Plymouth, Poole)

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by R4Robotics, Mar 7, 2014.

1. doddsy84

doddsy84 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I am ex reg nod mate and the process of joining rmr takes a fair while due to having to send off to Portsmouth for your med docs and application to proceed etc, I have been waiting a couple of months for this and still nothing back as of yet

2. Grogsey

Grogsey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I've already done this as I was made aware it could take quite a while. I got my discharge docs back within 3 weeks and my medical docs took about 6 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. doddsy84

doddsy84 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Well you should be fine for March then mate, good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

If you have all the docs you should be all good to go and complete the app process. Where possible see if you can double appointments. Don't sit back on the app you can't afford to. Keep on the heel of the AFCO. If you haven't attended a presentation. I suggest you also speak to lympstone det to see if they are having a presentation in January

5. Grogsey

Grogsey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Great advice thanks.

6. rmrhopeful

rmrhopeful New Member

Do you think the start date of the 2016 Recruit Troop will be the same dates as 2015 - So starting in March 2016? With a PRMC in December this year?

I learned of RMR a few months back and decided to go for it, but I'll not get fit enough for the March PRMC and March intake. Trouble is I'm 33 in 2016 so on a tightrope with age limit. If the dates remain the same, I'll be fine I think!

Many thanks in advance.

7. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

I would expect them to be the same. NB you need to start recruit training before your 33rd birthday. Ie. your birthday will need to be after April. If it's not I would seek guidance from the unit

8. rmrhopeful

rmrhopeful New Member

Thanks a lot for the info. Sounds like I might be pushing it then, 33rd birthday is early April 2016. I'm guessing the age rules are quite strict too.

I'll contact local Det. Thanks again.

9. Grogsey

Grogsey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Question for R4 or ninja.
    I have spoken to my afco today and I am still waiting for my app to proceed to be processed. I'm aware I'm not going to be able to make the March prmc in time now. My afco did say that I would be able to do a prmcr in July then just join up with the troop from there. I'm sure I've got the wrong end of the stick as surely I wouldn't be able to just skip the start of training?

10. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

To answer your question from a Unit perspective. You wouln't be able to do a PRMC(R) in July and then join 115 troop, as you would have missed c4months of training, which is pretty much 1/4 of the course. Plus the July PRMC(R) would be held by a different unit.

The only other way I could see you skip PRMC(R) and somehow get into training would be a regular PRMC, which is transferable, but that would be a very slim slim chance of the AFCO an unit agreeing.

@Ninja_Stoker would be able to shed light on why you might have been advised that

11. browner467

browner467 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi Lads, looking to join RMR Bristol for their next intake (which I'm assuming is 2016?). What would happen if I was too start the application process now? Cheers.

12. Froggers

Froggers Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    If you start now you have an excelleant chance of getting into the next troop. we have lads w
    Start as soon as possible to give yourself the maximum amount of time as issues do come up and take time to resolve.

• Like Like x 1
  13. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

^ couldn't have put it better myself.

Start applications as soon as possible. There are so many pit falls that can not be mitigated against. Holding troop will start in September and will be soon upon you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Froggers

Froggers Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Seems my phone cut off what I was meant to say.

But as an example there is a lad in holding troop who is having mega admin issues with the AFCO and we have our first weekend away next week so he is getting stressed because if this.

15. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Carrying on the double act, of above. If you are an Ex regular recruit or have broken any bones it is even more important you crack on with your application, as there is additional paper work you need to ensure you have eg. discharge papers, Broken bone certified fit form (whatever the medical name is).

16. Grogsey

Grogsey Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Good luck to those starting recruit training this weekend. Smash it!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jack Army

Jack Army New Member

Alright mate, I thought 32 is the cut off age. So as long as you pass PRMC before 33 then your ok?
    Have I seen somewhere you lot having a open day/evening Cardiff det?

18. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

You have to have started training prior to your 33rd birthday

Yes there is an open day on the 15th May

19. ResilientRich

ResilientRich New Member

Hi guys, hope I'm in the right place here just a couple simple questions for you...

1. I live near Okehampton, Devon does this mean my "local" training branch for RMR phase 1 & 2 is Lympstone? And this goes for the nightly training at the same place I would imagine? Trying to get my head around whether I would be attending training in Bristol because its the main hub for southwest or a much closer Lympstone or even Plymouth and would that mean once I have passed out way down the line that I am attached to Lympstone or Plymouth or would it be Bristol? Bit confused *text deleted*

2. When do they take on new recruits? My plan is to apply around October time and see what happens from there...

3. What is the full joining process for RMR as obviously its different to Regular joining process. RMR is a new concept to me, all I know about is the regular PRMC as I tried back in 2011. RMR suites my current circumstances to a Tee and wish I looked at it sooner! Cheers.

20. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

@ResilientRich

1) You will parade at Lympstone or Plymouth. Bristol is the Unit, which oversees the running of the Detachments. The majority of training takes place on Woodbury common. Once you pass out you will still attend your detachment.

2) RMR Bristol have a PRMC(R) in December, once in March and training starts in April. Do note, however, that the app process can be challenging. Therefore, my recommendation would be to start the process now if you want to be in 116 Troop

3) The joining process is the same as the regular process. The only differences being - Once you pass your medical you can attend holding troop, from September time and that the PRMC is a weekend, not a 4 days.