RMR Bristol (Cardiff, Lympstone/Exeter, Plymouth, Poole)

Grogsey

Reaction score
@ResilientRich

1) You will parade at Lympstone or Plymouth. Bristol is the Unit, which oversees the running of the Detachments. The majority of training takes place on Woodbury common. Once you pass out you will still attend your detachment.

2) RMR Bristol have a PRMC(R) in December, once in March and training starts in April. Do note, however, that the app process can be challenging. Therefore, my recommendation would be to start the process now if you want to be in 116 Troop

3) The joining process is the same as the regular process. The only differences being - Once you pass your medical you can attend holding troop, from September time and that the PRMC is a weekend, not a 4 days.
Is there a presentation night on 03/06 at ctc ? Hoping to get on 116 troop, have my medical next week.

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
Is there a presentation night on 03/06 at ctc ? Hoping to get on 116 troop, have my medical next week.
my spider senses are letting me down ;)

As it is the first wednesday of the month, there should be one.

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
Haha thanks. What's the earliest we can get hold of training dates for 116 troop?
Probably day 1 of recruit training :) I haven't seen a longcast for a while, but believe training will commence in April 2016.

Grogsey

Reaction score
I've just passed my medical last week so can't wait for holding troop to start. It's going to be a long wait for 116 troop!

browner467

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If I was to apply for RMR Bristol now, would I be looking more at a 2017 start date for RT?

Crash_Monkey

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If I was to apply for RMR Bristol now, would I be looking more at a 2017 start date for RT?

If you've got your phys squared away and get through the medical without issue, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get on the march '16 prmcr and start training a week or two later...

browner467

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That's the trouble mate, I'm not sure my phys will be up to standard by march.. Currently hitting about 25 minutes for the 3 miler, shocking!

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
@Crash_Monkey is absolutely right. You have 4months to be sorted for the PRMC. It is definitely achievable in the timescales. All you need is determination, courage and adaptability.

If you want it badly enough you will make it happen

ReapNSow

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mate 25 minutes isnt too bad your only 2.5 minutes off