RMR Bristol (Cardiff, Lympstone/Exeter, Plymouth, Poole)

115DD

Reaction score
Haha thanks. What's the earliest we can get hold of training dates for 116 troop?

Are you attending holding troop at Bristol Det now?

If you are I can show you where the longcast is kept.

Grogsey

Reaction score
I'm at Exeter det. So they should have one there now then?

browner467

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Through fault of my own, there is no chance i'll make it into this years RT. Would you guys say it would be a good idea to apply now and attend a presentation before they stop, and then go for 117 troop?

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm not sure they will stop, as they are continually recruiting/loading lads on to presentations.

However, regardless - the general recommendation is to get the app process started as soon as. It can take an age, but equally it can be quick. So get it done and one less thing to worry about.

Thetron

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know the PRMRC dates for RMR Bristol for 2016 and 2017 please?

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
Which detachment are you looking to join?

116 Troop - is now done and dusted with training starting on the 8th April

117 Troop - PRMC 1 is the 2nd - 4th December. There will then be a date in March tbc

Thetron

Reaction score
Cheers for the quick reply. Plymouth detachment. Though due to work and childcare, looking to join potentially in 2017/2018. Is PRMRC roughly around the same time each year?

simy

Reaction score
Which detachment are you looking to join?

116 Troop - is now done and dusted with training starting on the 8th April

117 Troop - PRMC 1 is the 2nd - 4th December. There will then be a date in March tbc

Are recruiting weekends every 2nd weekend from april 8th? just trying to plan my year

RMRBristol

RMR Bristol HQ
Reaction score
Training days are not set in stone year on year. You will be looking, on average at one weekend every 2 - 3 weeks.

ResilientRich

Reaction score
Hi all, its now 2017, does anyone know when the next Lympstone PRMRC is and next troop loading for Lympton RMR? Hope I'm saying this correctly... Thanks.

Crash_Monkey

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
117 troop start training in March. What point are you at in your application? I know there is a PRMCR in early March, but if you're not ready for that you'll likely be waiting until next year. Make contact with the unit and have a chat though.