RMR Bristol

Duracell Bunny

Reaction score
Hiya. I’ve recently submitted my application to join RMR Bristol (interview coming up towards the end of August). Due to COVID 19 I know that they’ve ended up postponing this years troop from starting their training in April to starting in September instead.
My question is will the next troop still start their training in April 2021 and assuming I don’t encounter problems at the medical stage, is there a reasonable chance I would get through the application process in good time for this? I will unfortunately be 33 by April 2022 so beginning training next year is essentially my only chance.

Many thanks.

R4Robotics

Spectator
Reaction score
Can’t really comment on the plans. The recruiting team at RMR bristol are best placed to answer question(s).

is there a reasonable chance you could get the process - well - when are you going to start the process? Personally I would say you want at least 6 months- worse case. They joke recruitment is the 5th commando test. Give yourself as much time as possible.

with regards to training time frames only the Unit can guide you. I know there were recommendations for the phase 1 to happen in the summer and phase 2 (or 1B as it’s now known) in the winter because you want the darkness. If the schedule is changed I think the age thing will then become an “at discretion“ Situation/case by case. Best thing is to engage with the unit - show your worth and try your best good luck

Duracell Bunny

Reaction score
Thanks for your response R4Robotics. I’ll speak to RMR Bristol and see what they say. Hopefully they might be able to advise as well on the likelihood of RMR presentations beginning again, as it would be good to get down to the det prior to joining for a feel of things.

Looking forward to getting my interview done in a few weeks time so I can get onto the bit that concerns me most time wise - the medical. Hopefully everything else should fall into place in good time providing that goes well.