RMR Chatham

JPM

Reaction score
ive been trying to get hold of rmr in chatham to find out about training with them before my prmc but can never get hold of them.

does anyone know when they train and how to start training with them?

any help appreciated.

Chemist

Reaction score
You can get telephone and email contact information off the official website. Check out www.royal-navy.mod.uk then find it from there. But when I was there their computer was always playing up so emailing might not be a great idea. They have two contact numbers on the website. They meet on a Tuesday at 7:30pm until 9:30pm then it's off to the bar. I'd speak with them first before going along but back then it was always the more the merrier.

JPM

Reaction score
cheers, think they are on leave now so will try again in sep.

Mitch

Reaction score
I phoned in July and got replies.

01634580067 - use that on Tuesdays about 1930-2130

02072374331 - that is advertised on the RMR Chatham page but is for RMR London so the guy there can forward you on or give you little bits of info.

Hope that helps

Mitch

JPM

Reaction score
mitch: do you train with the reserves in chatham?

Also are you looking for someone to train with e.g. running, curcits ect...?

Mitch

Reaction score
I don't train with RMR Chatham....yet. I have just restarted my training programme with an eye to join their numbers after the presentation evening which I believe (I will check) is the first Tuesday of September.

Joint training would be great but the logistics of things will hold me back as I get very busy at school with all the extra things I get called to do and I lack transport at the moment. If you PM me with a few ideas and whereabouts you live perhaps we can arrange something?

Mitch

ninjamej

Reaction score
ite *text deleted* were back from leave on the 2nd spetember so its this tuesday
i just been doing phys wid em before my prmc
got down there bout 19.00hours so it gives you time to get changed meet soem of the lads and get ready for firsst parade at 19.30hours
finsh bout 21.15 hours ussualy
take olive green top black shorts and black socks and den ya running trainers and dobey kit (wash kit)

Mitch

Reaction score
Woah! That sounds like an intense presentation! Should I turn up in phys rig or suit with the intent on changing?

Mitch

JPM

Reaction score
You mean there is phys on the presentation evening, I was told just to turn up in smart casual with a note pad and pen.

ninjamej

Reaction score
*text deleted* you ussualy have a lil phys test *text deleted*

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i would be interested in this if someone could get back to me on here before the presentation evening. how would i go about getting on this evening? what is required? my phys is abysmal at the moment which would be a partial reason to going. i.e. the trainin. also training on my own at the moment.
also where is it?
thanks alex

JPM

Reaction score
v3locity: as far as i know you just have to turn up but i don't know what is required sorry. I am also training on my own at the moment, where do you live, maybe we can train together?

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i live in maidstone *text deleted* matey.... are you going tomoz nite? i would be interested as any help trainin is big bonus! *text deleted*
are you going tomoz nite?

ninjamej

Reaction score
ite its at brompton/engineers barracks colingwood block
jsut go to the main entrance of the brompton/engineers barracks say ive got a presentation evening with rmr chatham theylll explain were to go then just walk in the door and speak 2 the captian
dont be suprise if *text deleted* banging out press up on parade for no reason they call it fun !! sick *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**s they are

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ah rite so if i just turn up in casual gear i can get the presentation? ask at bromton barracks desk ok got all that excellent thanks at 1900?
and press ups on parade *text deleted* all good training i guess!
is that the place they do sea cadets? is it on the same night?

Mitch

Reaction score
When would this be due to finish because it is looking like I will be having a mission with travel. Why don't the RMR have a Borough Green detachment!? :)

Mitch

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
no i didnt think you were once i read several of your other posts. just a training programme in kent designed to ready people for a life in the services :) are you going tomoz nite then?

Mitch

Reaction score
It all depends. I really want to and have been looking forward to this for a long time but if the presentation finishes at 2130 then I have 8 minutes to get to the station to catch the right bus! I will try and work something out.

Mitch