RMR Continuous training options??

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Dave281664, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Dave281664

Dave281664 Royal Marines Commando

I was in the Corps just short of 8 years and i left 3 years ago, I'm thinking of applying to the RMR.

Does anyone know on the 14 day continuous training what kind of things you can do? I saw lads went to Norway but do they do that for just 2 weeks?

I can get an extra 2 weeks leave from work for the mandatory 14 days but anymore will come off my normal annual leave allowance, so wondered what kind of gucci trips they manage in just 2 weeks. Wouldn't mind a cheeky trip back to Norway...

Thanks in advance

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Generally it depends what's up for grabs but I think even AT counts towards it, if you unit plays ball. Black Alligator is another option, etc.

3. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Would you have to apply as a new applicant? Go through Prmc, RMR training etc?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

As you've been outside over two years, you'd have to apply online but would only need to gain approval to enter (takes a couple of months) complete a selection interview, medical and regain security clearance. You join as a trained rank at the same rate/rank, but may dip a pay increment or two due to the break in service.

5. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for that :)

6. Dave281664

Dave281664 Royal Marines Commando

Hoofin, wouldn't mind a couple of cheeky trips... Thanks Ninja