Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Rmr Deployment

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Rmr marine, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Rmr marine

Rmr marine New Member

I am going through the process of joining the Rmr currently.

My questions are for anyone out there in regards to being deployed at a short notice.

Speaking to a former Rmr recruit I was told that under certain circumstances Rmr personnel could defer going on tour? Is this true or can someone explain in depth what he may have meant.

Please do not think I don't want to serve as a Rmr on operations away from home. My intention is to obtain the green beret and serve my part for the service. I am literally asking for someone to comment or elaborate on what the recruit said to me some years ago.

Maybe ninja could answer this also.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. mikemc10

mikemc10 Member

I'm pretty sure, if your called up you have to leave unless your notice to leave is already in, Andy will clear it up probably

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

4. mikemc10

mikemc10 Member

No point me opening a new post, if when deployed in the rmr obviously there is some marines out there who will earn more in there civilian job than what they would be paid on deployment, do they get any sort of extra pay wise or would it be deemed unfair on the others ?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If you volunteer to deploy you get paid the standard military wage - same as everyone else at the same rank and service seniority. If compulsory deployed, you get limited financial recompense: http://www.sabre.mod.uk/Reservists/Mobilisation-and-Demobilisation/Financial-support#.Ut0WoNLFLcs

Appealing against mobilisation info here: http://www.sabre.mod.uk/Reservists/...vice/Appeal-against-mobilisation#.Ut0W5tLFLcs

6. Biggles

Biggles New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    @Ninja_Stoker Hi Ninja I was asked this question today but didn't know the answer. Can someone be deployed if they have handed in their notice to leave - even if the deployment date is before the 90 days? Thanks

7. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

You can apply to delay or cancel mobilisation:

• as a reservist, if you’re called up at a difficult time (eg you’re caring for someone or you’re in full-time education)
    • as an employer, if it would seriously harm your business (eg by causing financial harm or making it difficult to produce goods or provide services)
    You can apply to:

• defer mobilisation for up to a year - you’ll get a new date to report for duty
    • get an exemption for a year or more - you won’t be called out again until it expires
    • cancel (revoke) mobilisation if you’ve already been mobilised

8. Biggles

Biggles New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks Johnny

• Like Like x 1
  9. GreenNugget

GreenNugget Ex Pongo

Unlikely you’ll be going anywhere exciting anyway biggles. Eastern Europe if you are really lucky.

10. Biggles

Biggles New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
  11. Biggles

Biggles New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I have my interview on Monday. Aside from Royal Marines history and the standard personal questions, any tips chaps?

12. GreenNugget

GreenNugget Ex Pongo

You’ll be fine mate. 4 of the 5 sections are about you. Just come across confident and passionate about joining. Brush up of all the knowledge. Maybe stuff like How much do you know about the structure of 3 commando brigade and where is everything based. Know all the commando tests by heart.

It normally runs as below. Know what is required by all as it’ll show motivation mate.
    • Saturday – Endurance Course.
    • Sunday – Rest.
    • Monday – Nine Mile Speed March.
    • Tuesday – Tarzan Assault Course.
    • Wednesday – 30 Miler.
    • Thursday – Failed test re-runs.
    • Friday – Failed test re-runs.
    • Saturday – 30 Miler re-run if required.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM
  13. GreenNugget

GreenNugget Ex Pongo

What do you mean? Why are you even thinking of jacking it in if a deployment opportunity appears?!

14. Biggles

Biggles New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Not at all GreenNugget - I'm applying as a reservist and I look after my terminally ill father. I wanted to know what the situation was regarding deferring mobilisations so I can explain this to other members of my family in the event that I could not be there with him. I would love to join full time but until he is no longer with us, that is not an option.

Thanks for the tips - appreciate it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GreenNugget

GreenNugget Ex Pongo

Sorry to hear about your dad mate.

16. Biggles

Biggles New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Its ok mate, thats life. Make the most of it and be your best self. Thats my aim anyways. I have massive respect for you and all the lads who have got that green beret. Its truly inspiring. Most ordinary folk don't understand the want and need to better oneself and the commitment it takes to achieve that. Keep inspiring mate. All the best.

• Like Like x 3
  17. GreenNugget

GreenNugget Ex Pongo

If you want to do something, you do it. You don’t just think about doing it. You don’t just fantasise about what your life will be like once you’ve done it.You definitely don’t fcck around trying to find ‘the best way’ to do it – based on what other people think, or have done, or tell you to do, naturally, because you’ve no way of knowing for yourself – you just go for it. You can get that lid fella, just don’t quit!
    Here’s me getting my lid presented after 30miler on all arms.
    E337666E-6097-4EBA-9510-996E5BC69BB9.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Biggles

Biggles New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks @GreenNugget I have a Psychiatrist reassessment tomorrow to hopefully state I'm fit to join. Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheRents

TheRents Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @Biggles

The very best of luck for tomorrow and with the rest of your application!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Keep us posted and keep your chin up.