RMR det RT start dates

Meridian2

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a list anywhere of when rmr dets start their recruit training. I have read many only have one intake per year but no details as to when they begin.
In particular I'm interested in Nottingham and Birmingham dets.
I am aiming to get through interview and medcal etc asap and join a holding troop either way but it would be very helpful to know when RT training might begin.

Thank you

sts2020

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, I'm london det and we start RT in September (was meant to be August but got pushed back due to the current situation). In my opinion, best thing to do is to contact your careers advisor to put you in touch with someone from the Nottingham or Birmingham dets. Given the current situation, they might have slightly amended schedules too. Goodluck!

Sniper11!

Reaction score
@sts2020 do you have any more information about the current process or training dates for London RMR? I'm due to do my VPJFT in a couple of weeks and havnt been given much info regards intake.

sts2020

Reaction score
@sts2020 do you have any more information about the current process or training dates for London RMR? I'm due to do my VPJFT in a couple of weeks and havnt been given much info regards intake.

Hey mate, nothing set in stone apart from getting your vpjft done asap if you havent done so (which you seem to have booked anyway). Apart from that, we are all just waiting for the next official update from the staff at RMR London. If you haven't received any emails from them recently I'd suggest reaching out to them asap to ensure you get added to all future updates via email regarding next steps.

TROLLEY

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if you ever found out when the Birmingham intake is ? Cheers

I can't seem to find a list anywhere of when rmr dets start their recruit training. I have read many only have one intake per year but no details as to when they begin.
In particular I'm interested in Nottingham and Birmingham dets.
I am aiming to get through interview and medcal etc asap and join a holding troop either way but it would be very helpful to know when RT training might begin.

Thank you

Man of Steel

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if you ever found out when the Birmingham intake is ? Cheers

I just gave the recruitment team a call to see if there is any updates on HMS Forward (Birmingham DET) opening any time soon and I am told they are still following social distancing and there is no planned dates for its reopening. I'm guessing this will have postponed this years intake to a later date. This is speculation but I am waiting myself. Triage - Complete, Pending - Eye Test & +vPJFT (Not Booked and Not Ready).

I guess this might give us a good opportunity to train before hand and have good prep.

TROLLEY

Reaction score
I just gave the recruitment team a call to see if there is any updates on HMS Forward (Birmingham DET) opening any time soon and I am told they are still following social distancing and there is no planned dates for its reopening. I'm guessing this will have postponed this years intake to a later date. This is speculation but I am waiting myself. Triage - Complete, Pending - Eye Test & +vPJFT (Not Booked and Not Ready).

I guess this might give us a good opportunity to train before hand and have good prep.

Well thats a bit disappointing, was hoping to get going ASAP, have my face to face medical booked, then just VPJFT+ to pass (same as you not quite there yet) training continues I suppose....

Man of Steel

Reaction score
Well thats a bit disappointing, was hoping to get going ASAP, have my face to face medical booked, then just VPJFT+ to pass (same as you not quite there yet) training continues I suppose....

Quick one on that, my AFCO hasn't been in contact after I completed my triage call, did yours book you in soon after? I don't want to keep bugging him, but if a polite nudge in the right direction will get things moving, I may just make the call.

Additionally, have you completed your eye test? and were you told that you must complete your F2F before you can be booked on the +vPJFT?

TROLLEY

Reaction score
Quick one on that, my AFCO hasn't been in contact after I completed my triage call, did yours book you in soon after? I don't want to keep bugging him, but if a polite nudge in the right direction will get things moving, I may just make the call.

Additionally, have you completed your eye test? and were you told that you must complete your F2F before you can be booked on the +vPJFT?

Have you had your interview yet ? I had my triage call a few weeks before my interview and during the interview he explained the next steps and told me he would book my f2f as soon as possible, I think he said I had to have my medical first but I'm not 100% sure. Yeah I had my eye test in March before all this Covid stuff buggered everything.

Man of Steel

Reaction score
Have you had your interview yet ? I had my triage call a few weeks before my interview and during the interview he explained the next steps and told me he would book my f2f as soon as possible, I think he said I had to have my medical first but I'm not 100% sure. Yeah I had my eye test in March before all this Covid stuff buggered everything.

Yeah, I passed my interview mid June, then had the triage call mid July. I was told that there is quite a back log of people who need their F2F E.g. submariners who take priority for now and the waiting list can be quite long. He then went on to explain that he spoke to someone at the Birmingham Det and it wasn't opening for a while with no estimated dates. He also mentioned that he should be sending out the eye test vouchers soon, haven't heard from him since then (2/3 weeks).

I'm assuming COVID boosted the numbers of people applying and some regulars positions will take priority over reservists. I have some exams to finish so when I'm done around COB Thursday, I may have to do a little bit of chasing. At least I can get a few dates in my mind.

Good to see that there are others applying to Birmingham DET though, thought I would be there on my own!

TROLLEY

Reaction score
Yeah, I passed my interview mid June, then had the triage call mid July. I was told that there is quite a back log of people who need their F2F E.g. submariners who take priority for now and the waiting list can be quite long. He then went on to explain that he spoke to someone at the Birmingham Det and it wasn't opening for a while with no estimated dates. He also mentioned that he should be sending out the eye test vouchers soon, haven't heard from him since then (2/3 weeks).

I'm assuming COVID boosted the numbers of people applying and some regulars positions will take priority over reservists. I have some exams to finish so when I'm done around COB Thursday, I may have to do a little bit of chasing. At least I can get a few dates in my mind.

Good to see that there are others applying to Birmingham DET though, thought I would be there on my own!

Yeah my f2f isn't until the end of September so theres still a bit of a wait and I got the confirmation email at the start of July so its a 3 month wait atleast at the moment.

Yeah there were a few guys due to start in April so they will have been pushed back aswell so there should be a good number when it starts up again.

Man of Steel

Reaction score
Yeah my f2f isn't until the end of September so theres still a bit of a wait and I got the confirmation email at the start of July so its a 3 month wait atleast at the moment.

Yeah there were a few guys due to start in April so they will have been pushed back aswell so there should be a good number when it starts up again.

That's good to hear, I think I will give my AFCO a call on Friday just to see if I can nudge things along. If I were to hear that I can start in April as well, it would give me a nice extra boost to ensure my training is up to scratch. Many thanks for the info, it's very much appreciated and If I hear anything about start dates, I'll make sure to post it.

TROLLEY

Reaction score
That's good to hear, I think I will give my AFCO a call on Friday just to see if I can nudge things along. If I were to hear that I can start in April as well, it would give me a nice extra boost to ensure my training is up to scratch. Many thanks for the info, it's very much appreciated and If I hear anything about start dates, I'll make sure to post it.

Hope you get sorted soon then. Hopefully I'll get started then too and we can put faces to names. That would be great thank you