RMR Expereince

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Commando2912, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    There's a RMR Expereince night coming up mid January at my local det I'm going to attend and i was wondering if anyone thats been to one before knows what I can expect and what exactly happens on the night.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Normally they have an initial maritime reserves presentation to explain what the RMR does, what is required and what it offers.

The actual RMX (Royal Marines Experience) is usually aimed at regulars and is similar to a Meet the Marines event (weapons handling, phys competition, climbing/abseilling, paintball or laserquest, presentation, boats & sometimes food), details here: https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/royal-marines-experience-cardiff-friday-11th-may-2018.108290/

Possibly your local RMR unit is doing something similar to the RMX?

• Like Like x 1
  3. CarrotOrStick

CarrotOrStick Royal Marines Commando

Which unit is this?

4. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Glasgow detachment

5. TheBreak

TheBreak New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I've seen a fair few of these open nights on the RMR facebook page, however they seem to be everywhere put the London dept.
    Unfortunate really as it's just across the river from me.

6. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah they just all of a sudden posted them on facebook in December and Glasgow is my closest one even thought it's still a 60 mile all round trip