Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

RMR Feedback Request

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 1, 2019.

1. thirdtry

thirdtry New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Again, I’m out of date, but at the time...

After failing phys confirmation I got roomed in an empty trained-rank grot for the rest of the weekend with a 131 lad that failed the same test (he went on to pass a few months later). Having a good chat with him it sounded like their training was more progressive and targeted for RFCC.

Rather than just getting smashed from day one they get the time to get their fitness up whilst undergoing army reserve phase 1, a course that any potential Commando should find physically easy. I don’t know if they do trade training before or after Commando training but they then roll into their RFCC prep. As above, at the time (and probably now), that consisted of two weekends a month with one being a soldiering weekend and one being a Phys weekend at the RE’s own mock bottom field, for at least a few months. Apparently the distance between obstacles is a bit longer on their replica so when they come to bottom field itself it’s (in theory) not as difficult as they’re used to. For comparison, at least when I did RMR, I think I’d done one run-through of the assault course before it was pass/fail.

This is the bit where RM mates claim I’m looking for a ‘back door route to a green lid’ now which I massively dispute... but if I do go for the green beret again it would definitely be with 131. If you have to meet certain test standards, why not be as prepared as possible for those standards.

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

Great insight, thanks for that.