Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RMR general questions

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Commando2912, Sep 4, 2018.

1. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Good luck with it.
    It depends what level of fitness your at? What’s your stats currently?
    Have a look at Arny’s plan and reduce it to 50% volume if your just starting.

2. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers bud

3. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Seems you're a little wishy washy your 16? I get you want to plunge straight into it but id consider college first for those A levels something fall back on. Plus you will grow a hell of a lot from 16-18 and when I look at numbers from what people say you're more likely pass out at 18 rather than 16

4. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It might seem like it over the internet but I am 100 percent confident as a real person I might not show it over the forum

5. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Well then go get that beret

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  6. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I've decided, I'm going to quit my pursuit to a green beret and focus on getting a 7 year degree at uni and go get a 9 to 5 job in an office

7. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just kidding lollllllllllllllllll

8. oldy32

oldy32 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Reserves are for older ppl like me, I trained for 4 weeks prior to prmc and managed at 32 so I’m sure you’ll smash it, I’m looking to go regular also, but time will tell. Good luck keep us posted. - just realised this is a very old post, hope he smashed it.

9. trow123

trow123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Not sure if this had already been answered. But can you transfer from the RMR Training to full time RM training? If so how does it work? Do you start the whole 32 weeks of training or could you startbstvs similar week that I’ve already got to on the RMR?

10. oldy32

oldy32 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You can but think you go back to day one week one.

11. trow123

trow123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Brilliant! Thanks for your swift reply mate

12. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yes mate i was at a RMR Expereince night last week and the carrers officer said whatever stage in reserve training you are in you can transfer over to the equivalent in regular and get put in with a troop at the same stage at ctc. Also if you finish reserve training and get your green beret it's a seamless transfer from the reserves to the regulars u just take your paper work to the AFCO and give your reasoning etc. Hope that helps

13. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That's what I'm planning in doing

14. trow123

trow123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Cheers lads, I was supposed to start RT Monday but I had seconds thoughts, found it hard leaving family! Going to RMR Bristol cardiff detachment tomorrow, I think once I get a taste for it I’ll transfer over to regulars I’d have no problem starting week 1 day one even if I got a few months into RMR training however a transfer into the same week would be ideal! Cheers for the reasons boys

• Like Like x 1
  15. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not a problem mate :)

16. posh_punter

posh_punter Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Basically lads, the regular corps are so short of blokes at the moment, if you say you're keen to do a full time stint at a commando unit once you've finished RMR training , they'll have you there in a flash. Then once you've done your 12 months or however long it is, it's quite simple to extend it, or make it permanent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I don’t know which officer you were talking to, but as far as I am aware this is wrong.

You can upgrade to Full time once you are a trained rank for an FTRS contract. Then you downgrade back to RMR once it’s complete.

No matter where you are in RMR training and even if you complete it, you start from Day 1, Week 1. Due to discrepancies with the training and standards. Despite what anyone tells you, you cannot completely replicate 32 weeks at lympstone with a few weekends.

• Like Like x 3
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  18. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Even the reserves are really keen on getting me in, their willing to pay may travel which they don't need to do (50 odd miles is a lptof money so they are really keen)

19. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'm just going by what the careers officer said and the CO on the night.

20. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Lads leave families all the time. The RMR is not there for people to “get a taste” or think of it as a back door or an easier way in to the Royal Marines.

They have a job to do, they aren’t there for work experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2