RMR Henley-On-Thames

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamessly1989

Hi everyone,

Im looking to join RMR Henley in time for the start of Holding troop and selection. I have heard that holding troop starts end of November and selection weekend is January. Can anyone confirm this?? Second question is, i have only just got in contact with my local unit. They have not got back to me as of yet, is there a chance that i will be able to get all my admin sorted by the time holding troop starts and/or selection weekend?
Any help will be great.

Many thanks

James

matthewwookie

Reaction score
Hello mate,

I'm also going for Henley, the info I've got is holding troop starts the first tuesday of December and selection has been put back til last weekend in Feb/first of March with a medical weekend before that and the induction weekend afterwards.

My AFCO office is going to get the correct dates for me next week when she visits them. So I'll let you know when I do.

What stage are you with the application process. Have you been in touch with the AFCO office in Reading yet? Best bet is to call them and speak to someone there. Also, might be an idea to get yourself over to London RMR on the first wednesday of the month to do the introduction night...as they normally say you can't start holding until you've been along (from what I've been told anyway!)

Where do you live? If you've got work commitments, the AFCO contact will go to Henley in the evening so you can do the tests there...which is pretty good of them.

Anyway, any other questions just let me know...I'm about half way through the process....Medical and PJFT to go.

Matt

J

Jamessly1989

RMR

Hi there mate,

Yes i got that information today, i rang up the AFCO Reading and she said that i will be getting the forms for joining tommorow. So im only at the start of the application at the moment although i have a mate who is going into the regulars who i have seen go through the whole process too. The selection weekend is fairly far away! Feb/March!! Although that will give me more time to train and get better! To be honest, the woman on the phone at the AFCO didnt say anything about going to an introduction evening, all she said was to fill out the forms ASAP, go down and do the phsycometric tests, then if you pass then the interview ect. I live Buckingham mate, so im about 50 miles from the Henley Det. You??

Have you had your interview yet?? If so what did they ask?

My fitness is going well too at the moment, running 3 times a week doing 5 miles in around 38 minutes. Also feeling quiet comfortable in doing the PJFT under 10 minutes

matthewwookie

Reaction score
Hello mate,

Fair enough, if you don't have to go to the induction evening, you're not really missing out on anything, if you've read up about it on the internet you'll know most of the stuff already.

The interview questions related to the marines are on another post I put on here under RMR section. The other stuff was pretty basic....family/education/work history/sports, hobbies etc. I was a little surprised that they really seemed to focus on my school time even though that was about 11 years ago now :shock:

My fitness isn't anywhere near a 38min 5 miles but I'm getting there slowly, I don't think the PJFT should be an issue either. Just plodding on and building up slowly. Rather that than get an injury.

I'm in Maidenhead so about 8 miles from Henley....bit better for me....is Henley really your closest one?

Cheers

Matt

J

Jamessly1989

Ye thats true. So the interview aint too intense then. Good good, keep the fitness up. How are your press ups, sit ups and pull ups?? Henley is my closest det, Cambridge has just opened but is about the same distance but is alot harder to get to.

James

matthewwookie

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard that from someone else as well...that they lived about 40 miles away but it was just easier to get to Henley....what do you do in the day for a job?

Pressups i'm going 4 x 20 and situps I'm doing 4 x 30 pull ups I can do about five slow ones. Not great I know but I'm over the first brick wall of not progressing very quick, so from here I think progress should be reasonable. Besides, I've got a good while yet anyway.

Matt

J

Jamessly1989

Yes the cambridge det aint that easy to get to. I work for BMW as a mechanic! Its a real good job! How about yourself? My press ups and pull ups are crap. I can do about 30 press ups, and about 5 maximum pull ups (Overgrasp) . My sit ups are quiet good and max out at about 45. Still alot of room for improvement!

James

sjuggins

Reaction score
James,

I'm attending the Cambridge Det at the moment, I live in Luton and it takes me about 70 mins to get there. I originally looked at going to the London Det but as I'm not a big fan of commuting into London decided to go to Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.