RMR Holidays during training

Nibz1994

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of joking RMR Merseyside. I've passed my psychometric test and interview and I have a triage appointment for a medical.

Basically what I want to know about is holidays and if we are even allowed time off during RMR training.

My girlfriend wants me to book a holiday for the end of the year, but I don't want to put a huge deposit down if I can't guarantee time off.

posh_punter

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
There's a break in training over Xmas, Easter and a few weeks in August, so you could try and fit it in these gaps. You can get away with missing the odd training evening during the week as long as you don't take the p*text deleted*s, but you don't want to be missing any of the weekends. The RMR is your girlfriend now anyway.

Nibz1994

Reaction score
How long are the breaks for? Would I be able to book a holiday for 2 weeks or would I be taking the piss?

posh_punter

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Xmas leave this year was from 20th Dec to 5th Jan.
Over the summer I think we have three weeks. I'm sure if you're a top bloke and give them plenty of notice, you could get away with missing two training evenings in a row. However, bear in mind this is a big proportion of your lectures etc. , so you'd need to make an effort to catch up with anything you've missed.

Essentially, if the training team like you and you're doing well, you've got a lot more scope to miss things without being backtrooped. My advice would be to time your holiday to coincide with the RMR leave, as much as possible.