RMR Interview

matthewwookie

Reaction score
Well,

I guess in the grand scheme of things, passing the interview isn't that important, but I'm happy to get it out of the way.

As for any RM based questions they were

What is involved physically in the selection weekend?
What is required of us during the training for the green lid?
What elements are the cap badge made up of and what do they mean?
What are the four commando tests at the end of training?

I think thats it, if anyone has any questions then please ask. I'm going for RMR Henley but I guess the interview would be the same as normal RM. Although the first two questions were RMR specific.

Cheers

Matt

sjuggins

Reaction score
Hi Matt,

Congrats on passing the interview, another step closer to your end goal :D

Just out of interest, did Henley arrange the interview for you, or did you have to speak to your local AFCO? I'm currently at Cambridge RMR (only been going for a few weeks) and was wondering if I should speak to my local AFCO or just wait for my det to sort things.

Cheers,
Stu.

matthewwookie

Reaction score
Cheers for the congrats, definately a step closer :D

This is how it worked for me......whether it was the right way or not who knows...but I'm on the right path now.

1. Contact unit (Henley...never got back to me)
2. Contact London and attend their monthly introduction night
3. Turn up at Henley the following week to get forms and do holding troop (no holding troop was on..until December and this was in Sept. They'd run out of forms so suggested I contact the AFCO office myself and sort it out)
4. AFCO sent me forms - I completed and returned
5. Henley has an agreement with the AFCO where she'll actually go to the unit to do the tests in the evening. This was initiated by me but organised by AFCO and Henley.
6. AFCO organised the interview/medical etc.

In Henleys defence, I believe they are between people that sort out recruitment as the guy that used to do it went on Ops. I imagine if you were dealing with a larger Det or with say London it would be done for you.

Hope that helps.....

Matt