RMR interview

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Rocky1, May 14, 2014.

1. Rocky1

Rocky1 New Member

My interview for the RMR at the AFCO was more based on the comitment I'd have to give eg weeknds and evenings, a little bit about my self my family and hobbies, then I was given scenarios and asked how I would react or deal with them. It wasn't to bad if I'm honest, I thought it would of been more In depth about history ect.

2. the happy sloth

the happy sloth Well-Known Member

Well done on passing. I believe that the history lessons are asked down at prmc.
    Oh and to your question on your page, yes the Royal Marines have a boxing team.

3. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

RMR (or at least Bristol if the happy Sloth is from another unit) dont tend to get assessed on the Corp history until closer to the end of training. However, this isn't to say you wont get the odd question here and there.

4. the happy sloth

the happy sloth Well-Known Member

I'm not from any unit:p. was just speaking in terms of the regulars, thought it may have been similar.

5. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Wasn't sure, but didn't want to mug you off :)

Because of time contraints RMR is a slightly different beast. eg. PRMC for RMR is squashed into 1.5 days. Another example is RMR not being taught drill (of subject slightly)

• Like Like x 1
  6. doddsy84

doddsy84 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Cheers for the reply and well done on passing mate. Just read your post on your interview, what kind of scenario questions did they ask you?

7. Rocky1

Rocky1 New Member

Cheers doddsy84 one scenario was you given instructions to get from one place to another by a certain time on a certain route but you are behind on time and one of you're mates suggests another route that will be faster but will go against your instructions, what do you do ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. doddsy84

doddsy84 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    What was your answer? Haha

9. doddsy84

doddsy84 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I would think to stay with instructions but try and pick up the pace, going against instructions is a massive no no! Plus if you go off route you never know what you might be walking into.

10. Rocky1

Rocky1 New Member

Haha, Yes mate spot on that's the answer I gave, when is your interview ?

11. doddsy84

doddsy84 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I am just about to start and apply for rmr Tyne mate. Which det you going for? Anymore examples from your interview mate? Good to hear from people in the same boat

Also how long has it took you for each stage after initially sending application in? Sorry for all the questions *text deleted*
    Mod: Can we try not to hi-jack this thread as it has been made a sticky to help lads out and chit chat will reduce the value of the thread. The length of app process has been posted here - http://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/app-process-times.67710/

12. doddsy84

doddsy84 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    This was in no way a hijack, it was general chit chat with the guy who started the post in which I answered his question he asked me and replied with my own question!

Mod: is it acceptable to question a mod?! You have confirmed you were chit-chatting and asked a question off the original subject ie. Hijacking

If you want to chit chat - choose a non sticky or pm them. Simple polite request!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Hey guys! I realise that there is many threads on this but couldn't find about what kind of scenario questions come up roughly, also, what is the most beneficial to learn about the RM?

Everitt

Mod: Merged to prevent mulitple threads about the RMR interview

14. justy12

justy12 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    A question/scenario I remember from the interview something like : your in chargre of building a bridge across a lake (river or whatever) one man gets injuries what do you do

15. justy12

justy12 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Oh I was also asked about phase 1 training and what are the commando tests. And we're the rmr are serving *text deleted* , the globe and laurel magazine helped me

16. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Cheers mate! What's was your reply may I ask?

17. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Can I politely suggest you put forward an answer first, at least then it looks like you are making an effort. I know the corp is all about team working, but this is sometimes taken advantage of by jack lads.. not implying you are one of these

18. justy12

justy12 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Well for the questions about the commando test and that you just need to learn them mate as for current rmr look at the globe and laurel. My interview was a while back so this isn't my word for word answer ha but it was along the lines of ; first you access the guys injury, if it's minor give him a job were he can't be a danger to others or himself ie. Lookout , if the injury is serious call in medics or is life threating leave the bridge and make sure he gets what he needs because it's more important to insure he ok

19. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Was thinking about the same answer cheers mate! Given me some intel on what to prepare for!

20. justy12

justy12 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    No sweat mate , I over prepared as in was wrecking my head going over Corp history *text deleted* but it's easy enough