Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

RMR kit... what's issued, whats bought

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Sniper11!, May 21, 2020.

1. Sniper11!

Sniper11! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Evening all.

Can anyone tell me what kit is not issued for RMR recruit training, aside from the usual bungees, twisties, tent pegs etc. What is required for you to buy? Am I right to assume it's 100% issue kit only during RT for RMR?

Also does anyone know what the issue boots are like these days?

2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

issue boots are decent compared to what we used to get issued. The kit isn't the latest issue, but theres still some good kit there.
    Your training team should let you know what Non-issue kit you can use.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sniper11!

Sniper11! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks for the reply TPA. Good to hear about the boots, they were absolutely rats as I remember. Would have been better off tabbing with a bear trap on each foot.

I will start a fresh thread for this question but whilst I've got you... Do you know of anyone spending a year or more on holding troop? I'm not going to make this year's RMR intake due to my work circumstances changing, thanks covid. I am however still keen as mustard and want to get all the hoops jumped through asap and get down to the det.

4. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

Yea they weren't the best, you get a selection of a couple of boots to wear these days, although I miss my trusty black Lowa Patrols.

Sadly thats the unique limitation with RMR training. Its not exactly efficient for various reasons, and its got its own unique problems. Sadly this Covid stuff has put everything on the back burner for now. You won't be the only one having to wait, and I know theres a few lads in holding and in RMR RT that are kind of stuck in a rut with it.
    Just keep up your training and any virtual drill nights you can do.

• Like Like x 1