RMR Leeds - joining info

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by teach, Nov 24, 2016.

1. teach

teach New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I've been in touch with RMR Merseyside and they've answered some question i had about intake etc.

Next PRMC(R) is September '17.
    A holding troop/Zeebrugge troop is running from January so they advise an early application

However, january is not the only entry point, if you're processed say in April then you just roll into zeebrugge and crack on.

Also, once attested we'll be getting paid.

Additionally, of the people in holding before last intake 96% passed PRMC(R)

Hope this helps as it answered some questions I had.

Regards

• Like Like x 2
  2. ry07

ry07 Member

Good to know, I'm hoping to get onto this after I've (hopefully) passed my re-medical!

• Like Like x 1
  3. teach

teach New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Yeah mate fingers crossed for you. All the very best
    C.

4. ry07

ry07 Member

Thanks mate, I have to get all the evidence together, I had an operation after I had already passed my first medical, bit of a bugger! How are you getting on with your application? Or have you started holding troop now?

5. teach

teach New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    No no, I've expressed an interest to get the online link and attended a presentation evening other than that I'm just working on phys, commuting has had an undesirable effect on the state and look of my body!

6. ry07

ry07 Member

Hope the application process goes smoothly for you mate!

• Like Like x 1
  7. sequoiathrone

sequoiathrone New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'd reccomend getting stuck into HT ASAP bud. I did 4ish months with rmr merseyside holding troop and it made the PRMC a relative doddle. Makes a huge difference on your mental state when you go into it knowing what to expect and it isn't a massive shock to the system getting screamed at by a corporal.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ry07

ry07 Member

We're you at Leeds det then mate? I'm wanting to get on to HT soon as, but I'm TMU until the 4th of August, just have fingers crossed I can pass the next medical in time for prmc. Do you know what sort of time of year recruit training starts?

9. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

How you doing matey?

Phys looking strong?

10. ry07

ry07 Member

Hi mate I'm good thanks, how's things with you? Is the application going well?

Yeah not bad I'm coming up to 4 weeks after my op now & wrist is healing well! So training around that at the moment. How are you getting on with phys & things?

11. teach

teach New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thanks mate and you regarding TMU status

• Like Like x 1
  12. teach

teach New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    *text deleted* yeah there's that to contend with too!

13. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

I hit a snag at medical triage stage which needed approval from the SMOSE; luckily got cleared 2 weeks ago, so just waiting for face to face medical in 2 weeks.
    Security Clearance and interview squared away now.
    If all goes well then I'm hoping to join Holding Troop in February sort of time.
    Phys was going well, but had to take the foot off the gas due to work. Getting back on it now though!

14. ry07

ry07 Member

Sorry to hear the medical has been a bit of a drama. Is it something that will get passed at your face to face one, or could it be 50/50? I hope it goes they well. Are you following a training programme now?

15. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

Should be ok on that particular issue now mate. Capita made me TMU for a few months whilst they got info from my GP. Then couldn't decide, so referred it to the RN Doctor, who has passed it.

I'm going to start following Arny's plan. How about you mate?

16. ry07

ry07 Member

Oh good glad you got it cleared up, its awful not knowing what the outcome might be! I'm going have that fun to come I think with my surgery notes, just hope it doesn't push me over the time for prmc, I can imagine it takes a while to get processed.

Yeah had a look at that looks like a really good plan, seen a few lads on here do well because of it. I'm following a running plan & doing circuits around my wrist, because I still can't do pressups & pull-ups things like that.

17. ry07

ry07 Member

@SDG1986 how long were you made TMU for in the end then?

18. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

It was around 2 months mate.

19. sequoiathrone

sequoiathrone New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Mandet bud. Next PRMC will be mid sept 2017, RT starting late sept/ early oct.

20. ry07

ry07 Member

Thanks mate, hopefully I'll be passed fit in time.