Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RMR Merseyside PRMRC 2019

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Jones86, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Alright guys,

After a lengthy process waiting on Capita and making an appeal I've finally been given the all clear to proceed with my application. I have face to face medical next in 2 weeks so fingers crossed I'll be in holding troop at Birmingham Detachment very soon. Anyone else on here at this detachment?? After doing a bit of reading on the forum I'm thinking some things may have changed in regards to location of PRMRC for Merseyside? Anyone shed some light please? Also any idea on exact dates for this and when the start of recruit training is? I've asked my local AFCO but they don't seem to know.

Thanks

2. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

Recruit training will commence end of September/early October.
    You will attend a regular PRMC at CTC from May; dates TBC from Mersey HQ

3. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks for the response mate. I'd read that all prmc's were now at CTC which I was surprised about to be honest. It's good though. Think Merseyside used to go to Swynnerton.
    Cheers pal

4. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

Yep, 118 Troop PRMC(R) was the last one there

5. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    You know your stuff mate. Nice one.
    Out of curiosity, considering all PRMC's are now at CTC is it likely they will combine these with potential regulars and reserves or keep them completely separate?

6. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

Mixed mate, as far as I am aware. Same tests, same standards, and all that jazz.
    RT for RMR, depending on your location, is only once per year. If possible, get on a PRMC as soon as your unit will let you. If the wheels fall off, then you’ve got more chance of being given another shot in time for RT, rather than waiting out for a full year. Clearly, don’t aim to fail the first one, but it’s sensible to consider your options and maximise your chances of hitting this year.

7. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks for the advice and info mate much appreciated. Hopefully I can find out specifics as soon as I'm in touch with my unit and placed in holding troop.
    What's your involvement in all this if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks. Mike

8. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

RMR Leeds Holding Troop mate. Came off my road bike a few weeks back, so currently in the process of mending!

9. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Ouch. Hope the recovery is quick.
    Thanks again for all the info. All the best with your PRMC this year and hopefully see you throughout training.
    Cheers

10. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

No worries mate. All the best

11. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Did you ever get to the bottom of the dilemma regarding the age limit for RMR training?
    I'm assuming you've been given the go ahead even though you'll be 33 before training starts? I turn 33 in August but have been told by my careers advisor it's not an issue as long as I'm in holding troop before turning 33.

12. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

Just ensure you Attest whilst 32 mate